Not a Right Thing to Do

Dan

I sat with Sam eating dinner in a small restaurant belonging to our friend, I could barely taste the food I was eating while Sam not only finished two dishes but drank too much beer he began to lose his sense of reality, his hiccups irritated me to the point where I wanted to slap him to stop.

"I love free food, free food is the best." He shouted laughing, one customer looked at him and shook her head, the embarrassment I felt made me laugh with him.

"Stop annoying my customers or I'll make you pay."

Our friend Jasper said, taking a seat on our table.

"No you won't," Sam replied "pretty girl bring me another cup of beer." He asked the waitress.

Jasper is an alpha, the only alpha friend I have, the only alpha friend Sam has, I wonder sometimes to why Jasper befriended betas like us, I mean it's not unusual, but it's weird for some reason.

"Here's your beer." The pretty waitress placed the cup on the table, and walked to another table. She's a beta, started working here a month ago, I suddenly started to like this place more because of her, her dreamy smile and shiny eyes welcomed me everytime, I like the fact that she is a beta, a pretty beta, with the long brown hair of hers making her my type, except for I don't like her, my ex had a long brown hair, and I absolutely hate that bitch.

"Stop staring, you're annoying my employee."

Jasper said, looking at me with a sly smile, I told him "I'm not," and we started arguing, then laughing, then back to our normal boring talks about jobs and families, Sam half asleep didn't have enough energy the middle in, until he suddenly started laughing.

"Dan is dating a rich alpha," he said while tears rolling down his cheeks from laughing, "an alpha, alpha. Male alpha, he is a male, just like Jasper."

"Fuck you." Was how I responded.

I tried to forget what happened last night so hard and Sam blowed it up just like that, I'm ashamed of myself, I truly am, I acted like a scared kitten yesterday, like a bitch.

What happened with mr. Keen freaked me out, not only me being subjected by his pheromones, but me being scared of the way he acted, like I'm his, when I haven't accepted him yet.. or maybe never.

Things got weird after that, he called me multiple times and I didn't answer, he tried to talk to me at the company, but I ran away, if it wasn't for the coworkers around us, I'm sure he wouldn't let me go, but I needed time, not for me, but for him, not even to reflect for what he have done, cause just like what his cousin said, that's how alphas act, so I wanted him to have a clear mind after his rut.

"I don't think I'm able to date an alpha." I told Jasper.

"But if he is rich, you totally should." Sam replied making Jasper nods in agreement, "you totally should," he repeated him.

"I always thought that the different worlds people always talk about are about how society is built, but I think it's the mentality of how we think differently."

"You should drink." Jasper hands me a beer and I immensely gulp.

"If I date a man then who's going to be the female side in the relationship? When it's an alpha man, then automatically I become the omega!"

I told him my point, what I am actually afraid of, and Jasper and Sam started to laugh.

"I don't think it works like that," Jasper replied, "I've dated a beta girl remember? I never treated her like an omega, there is a different between batas and omegas, I believe your alpha understands.