A Kind of Jealousy

Dan

The hand that took hold of my wrist felt like it was burning, the pain was getting stronger and stronger, like he was squeezing my wrist to snap. He was walking fast dragging me with him, for me it was running to match his speed. We walked out of the party, into the lobbies and I knew he was heading to the garage.

Several times I asked him to let go, I tried to release my hand, or to stop so I can slow him down, but that didn't obstruct him, he looked straight at the way he was walking towards, didn't give me the small of a glance or a word when I called his name, and from all the staff we walked by, I called once, but the look a staff member gave, made it sure for me, no one wants to stand in the way of enraged alpha like mr. Keen.

The garage was empty from people, still filled with cars, he let go of my hand as we stood next to his black car, I started at the BMW logo, couldn't help but to think, it's a different car this time, how could I not notice before? It's all because I was thinking of his rut.

I looked at him and he was staring at me, panting and a drop of sweet fell on his forehead, he was tired, but it's cold, he shouldn't be sweating, and I shouldn't have left my coat in the car.

"What was that?"

I should be the one asking this question.

"Dan!"

I could feel the concern in his voice, or at least the fact that he was trying to be concerned, so I wasn't completely scared, I was scared as if being robbed not being killed, so I still had some courage.

"What's what?"

"I wait for you and get worried to find you dancing with an omega?"

His answer was fast, it didn't give me time to think, more or less his words made me fell guilty.

He pinched the bridge of his nose, his eyebrows made a v shape and his eyes closed as if not wanting to see me, he didn't even want to hear me, opening the door of his car to get in.

"Just get in the car, let me take you home."

He got in the car waiting for me, the weather was freezing, felt like ice laid on my face and hands, but my heart was pounding so fast, and the anger I felt made it easier for me to stand the cold, still that logo on his car made it hard for me to concentrate.

"I'm not getting in," I say.

I watched him get out of his car and walking towards me with that gloomy face, he stood so close to me his jacket brushed against mine, I had to look up to see his face, and I felt dizzy again, standing so close made it easier to inhale his pheromones. Is it his rut or his anger? I was so afraid at that moment, then it must be his anger, so I tilt my head.

"I was suffocating there, you weren't around most of the time, I knew no one, you're cousin doesn't like me and it's just a stupid dance, why are you acting like this?"

"Just a dance?"

"Yes."

"You should've been asking me to dance with you then."

This motherfucker, I'll kill him! I'll kill myself after.

"I'm sorry."

For scaring the shit out of me?

"It's my rut, it's not me."

Fuck.

Nothing I could say would help, nothing he could say would help either, I hate his excuses and I want to be angry and shout like the man I am, cause for me it felt like we are a couple having stupid fight, still I can't do that or else I would get murdered, that's what my beta instincts are telling me.

We stood in our places in complete silence, the only thing distracting me from the BMW logo is the seats of the car I'm looking at through the glass, it feels warm in there, but filled with pheromones.

"What are you still doing here?"

Ed's voice got our attention, like a savior came from heaven. He came between us and immediately noticed the tension.

"Can I have a word with you Max?"

I nodded and got into mr. Keen's car, to leave them alone. His car is warm but I still can sense his pheromones here, it didn't bother me as I got used to it, it's different from the one intimidating me earlier. I watched them talk, but couldn't figure to read their lips, mr. Keen looks at me and his cousin hold his arm to get his attention, I remember what happened to my arm, I look at my wrist and notice a bruise, suddenly it hurts. I look up again to see them gone.

"Ew, these disgusting pheromones are too much!"

Ed who suddenly opened the driver's door said, he sat and kept the door open.

"I don't know if you can sense them, but they are harmful to another alpha, I can translate them to fuck off of my properties and I want to mate."

Ed laughed and I stared in shock, he is talking, definitely talking more than few words, like he changed his personality from the loner kid at the party to this mischievous man telling me that mr. Keen wants to mate.

He reminded me of Sam, somehow..

"Where did mr. Keen go to?"

"Oh, he went back to say goodbye, I told him it's rude to leave like this, and he should leave you alone for a bit to clear his mind."

Ed had this playful smile on his lips, with his glasses gone, and his attitude changed he looked like he is 25 not 35. Still Sam would be able to make fun of his almost silver hair saying it would only suit old men.

We stayed at his car waiting for mr. Keen, I called for a taxi cause I wanted to spare myself an awkward ride home with him, I wanted to tell Ed to close the door cause it's cold but I know how much alphas are sensitive to pheromones.

"You know that alphas and betas live in different worlds, right?"

I look at Ed not knowing if I should answer.

"If you don't, now you know."

"I know." Cause I do know.

"Excuse him for what he did today, it's his rut, he can't think the right way, and he sees you as his property, he can't control his jealousy in the moment, that's how alphas act on rut."

"He shouldn't have come."

"He had to, that's the kind of life he lives, besides those people in there are alphas and omegas who are used to it, if he has an omega she would understand his actions and follows him not blinking an eye, but can you?"

He looks at my bruised wrist and I cover it instinctively, I felt ashamed, but can I?

I felt like I was stripped out of my manhood, it's not about me being a beta, but him being an alpha, his pheromones can't seduce me like they do to omegas, but they sure can control and hurt me.

That night I left without saying goodbye to mr. Keen.