Beta Rights

Dan

I woke up in his bed again, this time he was laying next me, his hand wrapped around my waist and his face buried in my neck.

I stayed in my position for few minutes afraid I'd wake him up but then it became harder for me to stay still. I tried to slip from his embrace but his grip got tighter.

"Where?."

The air he breathed talking to my neck tickled me so I moved his face away looking at his eyes.

"You're awake, good let's go to work."

"No need it's been snowing since yesterday."

I pushed him running to the window to make sure, the happiness I felt was overwhelming when I saw the streets covered in white and no one outside. Today became a holiday.

"Happy holiday." I said with a happy face.

Still we woke up early, so not that much of a happy holiday.

I sat in the kitchen watching him making breakfast, yesterday he made dinner too, he's good at cooking he told me that before, but I was still impressed.

"Have you watched your roommate's viral video?"

"What video?"

"Um.. something about him saying he relays on his little brother's money and doesn't work."

Huh?

A message from Sam telling me to buy him cigarettes before coming home popped on the Homescreen.

I ignored it to search for his video and it didn't disappoint, so I hurriedly sent it to Jasper and started making jokes about him.

"What do you want to do after breakfast?"

Max said as he placed a dish of bacon and eggs on the table.

I want to lay in bed all day long, but I also want to spend more time with Max, to know more about him, other than him having a beautiful ex that told him he smells like heaven.

But there was no much to do at his place other than playing a game of chess or watching rented movies, so it was decided to watch a movie.

I would fall asleep and wake up in his lap, the same movie still on the screen, it's weird, it really does feel weird.

I am a 26 soon to be a 27 adult beta man, but I'm in the embrace of an alpha and I liked that.

"What do you want for a present?"

"I don't care about Christmas." I say as I hardly open my heavy eyelids.

"I mean for your birthday."

Ahh!

My birthday is on Christmas, I forget about that all the time, I don't think it matters anyway, it was never special for me, cause it's always Christmas.

"You know my birthday?" I ask but then remember he knew my number and address, it's not really that surprising when he has my information file, "never mind."

He smiled at me innocently, he doesn't look like a stalker when he smiles like that.

———

It was the afternoon when he drove me home through the white streets, I saw Sam standing on the balcony smoking cigarette, he was shirtless, I shivered just by looking at him.

"Is your friend okay?"

Max asked before I got out of the car, not forgetting to check if the cigarettes I bought for Sam didn't fall from my pocket.

"He's weird, but he's sane." I tell him before leaving the car, it's not like I believe in what I say but it's better than explaining what Sam actually is, sometimes I can hardly understand him myself.

My hand got grabbed back to the car before a kiss fell on my cheek, I cup my cheek with my hand looking at Max with frowned eyebrows.

"You forget to kiss me goodbyes."

He smiled innocently so I let it go, but I know damn well if one of my neighbors found out about me and him they'd kick me out of their building.

———

"You know what I'm thinking of right now?"

Sam said as soon as I opened the door, he was leaning On the balcony's doorframe, the wind hit his back and enter the apartment making it cold.

"I'm thinking of escaping to Thailand."

"That beta country?"

"Yes, people say living there is like living in my book... well it's warmer too."

I let Sam blabbering as I now he won't do it, it was hard to go there years ago, now it's impossible. Thailand is a country with a majority of betas, people say they don't have any omegas there but that would be impossible.

The thing about Thailand is that our queen cut connections and declaring its our enemy. The reason is our bitch of a queen almost imprisoned any beta who rebels against her methods of running the kingdom putting betas in tough positions, which Thailand didn't like, so she didn't like that they didn't like it.

I'm just happy Sam doesn't like politics or else he would be dead by now, even though he would be eventually dead when people figure out he wrote the illegal book to read.. Betas.

"I saw your viral video earlier today."

I say as I push him away from the balcony and close the door.

"Oh yeah? I blocked everyone who sent it to me, even Jasper."

I hand him the pack of cigarettes, he stretched his shaky hands to get it, almost dropping it. Why would he go outside shirtless in such weather? I don't really care that much to know, Sam always has weird ways of punishing himself.

"Anyway, your brother posted a statement that he wouldn't help you in the future."

I say as I lay on the couch, forgetting to take off my coat, I wouldn't even take it off even if I remembered, the apartment felt like the inside of a freezer thanks to Sam.

"His followers bullied him to do so."

"No he didn't, I'd whip his ass."

"No he didn't, I made it up."

I say as I notice the anger that got to him suddenly.

He left to his room and I stayed on the couch going through the comments of his video and the memes people made.

[That individual doesn't represent betas, he is everything the beta movement tries to stand against.]

[I'm an omega and I'm ashamed of him on the behalf of betas.]

[We don't claim his energy.]

[But I claim his energy so bad :(]

[As an alpha I can say that I like this man, he's funny.]

From all the negative comments only few who liked him, most of them were alphas, for some reason they thought he acted like a proper beta.

If only they knew that Sam wrote the Beta book, which is part of why the fuel of the protest isn't emptying, they will be demanding his head on a stake.

I threw the phone and stare at the ceiling, I'm done with all the sub gender bullshit, all I want is a good beta life in this ill fated country for betas.

I'm turning 27, in less than two weeks, if I get to blow candles this year, I'd wish for a better life for all of the betas.

AN/

I published a chapter from my other book (for the beta I fell for) and wrote few more to publish.

If you are one of the readers to that book than this is a reminder in case you didn't see the notification.

And for people who haven't read it before, it's an alphaxbeta book too, but with a little bit of sad sparkles.