Dance with an Omega

Dan

At high school I studied about alpha's and omega's anatomy, so I know about ruts, I even have a friend who is an alpha, but it's different when the one sitting next to you alone in a car is having rut when he has a crush on you.

Mr. Keen parked the car at the garage of a fancy hotel, the celebration is held in a hall there. I left my coat in the car and we head out towards the entrance.

As we walk, I noticed  People looking at him, and only him. Like I'm invisible, maybe because of the pheromones that he can't control all too well, but I notice the look of admiration on the faces I assume belongs to omegas, and look of respect coming from alphas.

This is the most expensive hotel I've ever been to, I feel like a stranger. I felt strange, maybe cause he told me I don't have the same secnt, I feel like I'm now someone else, I don't feel like I'm myself.

Mr. Keen looks at me and I met his gaze with my troubled face, he smiled and I smiled back. I hate this.

He put his hand on my back, and I could sense the jealousy on the eyes of omegas passing by us, I want to tell them let's switch places.

"I'm sorry I had to drag you with me, I had to come and I didn't want to go alone."

"No, it's alright."

I don't know how many lobbies we passed before getting to the hall, I don't know how mr. Keen can remember the directions. As we entered a wave of alpha pheromones hit my nose and I went dizzy in a moment. Not a surprise, alphas tend to show their superiority, omegas hiding their pheromones and if I can find betas here, I believe they would act as if there are no pheromones trying to control them.

I followed mr. Keen as he greeted people, he would introduce me to them as a close friend, the look on their faces becomes strange, maybe cause they notice I'm a beta, but they would look at me and him giving awkward smile and leave us. Mr. Keen gives me a drink as we pass to meet his friend.

"My friend Jay, he found his fated pair, that's why he held this celebration." Mr. Keen told me.

I found it strange, rich people really be living life celebrating anything and everything.

I hold the glass with both of my hands, I am a stranger between all these fancy people. Mr. Keen walks towards the pair and I follow him.

"Jay, congratulations on finding your destined one."

They hug each other like best of friends, I remember his friend now, he is an actor if I'm not mistaken.

"Max, this is May, my love."

His destined pair, May. An elegant omega, wearing a white dress like it's her wedding day.

I spaced out at that moment, I hear them talking to each other, but I don't really understand the words, looking at the glass I emptied in my hand, I want another one.

"So, what about your omega."

I hear some one says, I look up and Jay and May are looking at me.

"No no, I'm not an omega, haha". I hope they are joking.

Jay looks at me and laughs. "Oh, I'm sorry. It's because of the pheromones I assumed."

I don't know what is he speaking about, but mr. Keen started laughing awkwardly.

What pheromones?

————
I regret many decisions I made through life, such as confessing my cursed feelings to my ex, hitchhiking and almost got kidnapped, and dressing as girl at high school as a joke, but my decision to come to this party beats them all. Two hours passed and I consumed more food than I consume in a week, also alcohol. I watched the main couple do their long boring speach, and mr. Keen left me many times going to the restroom.