A Boring Morning With Sam

Sam

Five in the morning is an afternoon according to my timing.

‏In my room on my bed, I sat with a book in hand and cigarette in the other, adjusting my glasses every two minutes after they slide on my nose, reading in silence the greatest fiction made by the greatest author, Lewis King.

The ashtray on my lap filled with cigarette butts, any wrong move and my bed would be ruined. I carefully smash the newly made cigarette butt into the old ones trying to not make a mess.

In five in the morning I was reading a book for the second time instead of writing my own book.

The bite on the back of my neck burns, rubbing the plaster on them didn't make the pain go away. It's already been a week, but it still hurts a lot. That bitch bit like a dog.

I believe that fucker's canines left a deep cut that needs to be sutured, but I would be damned if I let anyone take a look at the disgrace I had on my neck.

The sound of electronics like the loud sound of the fridge are the only things I could hear, I put music to relax while reading the death scene of my favorite character, his death is the most beautiful thing I've ever read till now.

Putting my glasses aside to rub my eyes, I needed a moment to take all what I've read in. My heart ached as if I lost a brother, even though I knew he died from the previous reading, but the pain is fresh.

I started at the page till it turned blank, I felt lost again, and the moment I felt like screaming to tell the whole world the pain I felt I heard a loud thud coming from the living room that made me jump.

My heart shrank in fear. I put the book in hand over my head in defense mode, fixing my attention at the door in case someone opens it, ready to throw the book at anyone or anything that moves, till I heard another thud.

I threw the book at the door screaming. The evil spirits are coming to get me. I did many bad things in my life, but most of them were things that hurt me not others.

Still, I prayed god that I'll stop doing anything that upsets him.

'If I survive, I'll change." I kept on saying.

A few bangs I heard later made me go back to my senses, it was a knocking sound. Someone is knocking the door I concluded, not my door but the apartment's door.

Upon realizing my fears were illusions, I slapped my face, "get a grip." I looked around waiting for my heart beats to calm down, I noticed the mess I was in, the cigarette butts fell all over the bed, the ash spread fortunately over one pillow, unfortunately over my favorite pillow, I almost screamed at that.

I got out of my bed, using the flash of my phone and a book in the other hand again just in case, heading to the apartment's door curious to know who of the neighbors thought it's good idea to pay a visit at such an hour.

"Who is it?"

"It's me, Sam. Open the door."

I heard the tired voice from behind the door, almost begging me to open the door, but I couldn't recognize the voice.

"Who's me?"

"It's Jack, are you kidding?"

Who's Jack?

I opened the door ready to smack the shit out of Jack, till I saw Jack's tired and sleepy face. That's Dan's brother!

"Jack!!" I hid the book behind my back. "What brings you at such an hour? Why didn't you call."

"I'm sorry, I just had the thought of coming so I started driving, didn't care about the time" he said entering and making himself comfortable on the sofa. "It was already late at night, I didn't call so I wouldn't wake any of you up."