Center of Gossip

Dan

I sat in the passenger seat next to him, he's driving me home. The bright smile never left his lips, at least he's not trying to make another awkward conversation, he's focused on the road infront of us.

One month, it seems a lot to take, I didn't want to ruin his mood but I couldn't stay silent. Still I can't speak or I'll mess up again, I'm kinda drunk right now.

The car parked next to the entrance of my building. We stood out of the car.

"Have a good night sleep."

He said while putting his hand on my back, escorting me to the door. I'm not a woman I can't take that, but there is something bugging me more than that.

"Did I tell you where I live?"

Yes, yes. I never told him, he didn't ask. He just drove me here!

"Is it really weird for someone to know where his boyfriend live?"

"I'm not your boyfriend, Only few dates that's it."

"Alright."

I enter the building, I want to scream. What did he just say? He didn't even answer my question. What if one of my neighbors saw us? My reputation can just leave through the door.

At the door of my apartment, the landlord stood tall arguing with Sam. I know we pay rent on time, or at least I do.

"What's the matter?" I asked.

"Your friend seems to forget everytime that this building is only meant for betas."

The bald head of his shined with sweat, his face red with anger. If only he cared enough to fix the elevator instead of this bullshit.

"As I said, it's not my problem, I never invited her, you can kick her out on your own."

"What if she goes through heat in my building?"

"It's not my problem!"

And now I know they are talking about the omega girl who came yesterday for Sam.

Our building is a beta friendly only, too many troubles happened with alpha and omega residents, so the landlord kicked them out, now he doesn't even want them to set foot here.

I apologized in behalf of Sam and promised him she won't come again, still he gave me this disgusted look, as if I stink, and simply left. We watched his shining head disappears going down the stairs.

"You need to make her stop coming."

"I will."

I go straight to my bedroom, I'm sleepy if I sleep now I won't have to think about what happened today, so I'll just sleep.

"How is your date."

Sam who barged in decided to remind me.

"It's not a date."

"Then how can you explain the pheromone's scent, the lusting type?"

The lusting type? Maybe that's why the landlord looked at me that way. Now I need to take a shower to wash off the scent.

"He asked me to date him for a month."

"Why?"

"He said he likes me, and wants a chance."

"Eww. Who is he again?"

"My boss."

"Which boss."

"Mr. Keen..."