Take Me to Your Place

Dan

I laughed as loud as hard as I could along with my brother, nothing could've made us stop else from the bang on the wall coming from our neighbor.

It's 6 am and my neighbors woke up from our laughs.

"Happy now? You woke up nosy Frank" Sam said in annoyance.

"He's not nosy, it's you who nosy going on an interview impersonating a reporter."

Sam didn't give any details other than pretending he's someone else and Edmund Keen finding that out. Another stupid reason to make Sam hates him more when it's supposed to be the other way around.

It all started when I asked him about how the interview went and he answered with "fuck off."

At 6:30 Jack left for his home, deciding to come with his kids next time. At 6:50 Sam went to sleep after wrestling me to drop his subject, he didn't sleep the whole night and neither did I.

At 7 am I left the apartment for work.

Going back to my normal life, taking the first bus to drop me at the bus stop where I would walk through alleys to reach another bus stop.

I wait there with a beta couple, I knew they were betas from beta rights badges on their bags. They stood where I sat close to them. The girl gave her back to her boyfriend where he hugged her from behind. I saw this as a lovely way of openly and innocently showing affection.

I look at my empty wrist where Max's bracelet used to be yesterday and for several days before, I wonder how many people at company knew about our relationship just because of that pheromone bracelet.

I look at the couple again and also wonder if it's going to be that much easy for an alpha-beta couple to do what this couple is doing right now.

When the bus arrived I made sure to not sit near them, I didn't want to envy them, it would make me look pathetic.

At the company I didn't miss to answer the customers' calls the first moment they rang I competed with Naz on whom to take more calls before lunch, the loser would buy lunch and to no one's surprise I won.

I chose the cafeteria cause it has the cheapest food. Eating, chatting and making fun of other people, this is the kind of routine I craved for.

"Big Boss came back."

Mike said as he placed his plate next to Naz.

My heart beat faster hearing those words, I knew he would show up today but I still felt strange. I'm going to finally meet him today, I'm going to see his face again, I almost forgot how he looked like.

I missed his face.

"Your boyfriend came back."

"You mean your boyfriend just sat next to you."

"He's not my boyfriend, shut up." Naz whispered taking a glimpse of Mike in embarrassment.

"And keen is not my boyfriend." I say as I get up ready to take calls again.

The hours passed with me not taking a break to go to rest room or even drink water, I would ask newbies to bring water when I get thirsty.

When customers stopped calling for few minutes I took the chance to open the department group chat, the notifications been annoying me since morning.

[Dan is working his ass out, be like him!]

[How about you to be like him, Naz!]

[Dan is looking for promotion xD]