Beach

Dan

"I wanna go to the beach."

I told him. So we went there.

It wasn't crowded. And it didn't take us long before spotting Sam and Jasper. Right after buying swim trunks.

It was windy. The wind came from the see moving the waves high enough for unexperienced Jasper to ride a wave. But the sea was not angry, it would get calm few times. Showing different emotions of nature, just like mine.

Max laid under the umbrella the whole time. Observing from afar us having fun and retreat to reapply sunscreen.

Truth is, I wasn't having fun. I was trying to distract myself from overthinking of what happened. I didn't tell the boys of what happened. I couldn't explain my feelings and I feared they wouldn't understand. That they would belittle my thoughts.

I took the pill they said it was going to make my feel better, make me fall asleep. I took it imagining myself taking a nap while floating on water.

It might be that pill that missed with my mind that day. Made me smile to myself even though my heart felt heavy. Or it maybe the beer I drank on beach. But in the end they made me feel better after a while and that what counts.

I placed my bare feet through sand by the shore line. Made the water raise to my ankles then decline. The clear blue water reflected the sky. And the waves echoed through the whole place as if making a scream that was supposed to be mine.

But I couldn't scream. Even if I wanted to, I was not able to. I was weak that moment. And I knew why. The omega told me why.

I turned my head to Max place where he was pinned to the sand. He hated oceans. That was my punishment for him. Staying by the thing he fears. I wondered if he felt the same fear I did feel.

But it calmed me down. Just looking at it. At long distances of waters and skies. It made me think clearer. Better. Less fear of future. It felt like everything will be alright, no matter what happens.

"What's up with Max?" I heard Sam ask. "Did you have a fight?"

"Not with me."

"With whom?"

Then he sat on the sand facing the water, till it came running and covered his whole bottom half.

"I saw your ex. She has a new man she drags around."

"Hm."

"Do you think she would go nuts when she knows about your boyfriend?"

"I think everyone would."

I said as I walked to the water. It covered me and let me float. My ears covered with water that drowned out the sounds of everything including seagulls squawks. My lips tasted salt and my eyes burned facing the sun.

So I closed them and relaxed.

Whatever happens happens.

This is how I got over my ex and will go over Max if I had to. But I don't really have to when he did nothing wrong. He is an alpha and I knew that from beginning. A relationship with an alpha faces challenges. I'm not a quitter, not going to quit that fast.

I made my mind. I'm up to the challenge. I won't ruin the trip he worked hard to get me on.

I faced Max under the umbrella where he sat alone like a lonely but dangerous puppy.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"In this moment. What do you want?"