For No Reason

P:S : this is from the prospective of the ml.
I advice you to not read it! I hate this chapter so much and thought constantly of deleting it. But never did cause I'm also afraid of reading it before deleting.

I believe it will be a better experience to read only from Dan's pov.

You have been warned!!

Max keen

I don't know how it started. I don't know why it started, me paying more attention to that beta. I didn't know much about him, I'd see him in the company from time to time passing by just like any other employee that works there, didn't care much about any, that's all I knew about him, that he works for me, I didn't even know his name back then.

I didn't care much about anything, not really. I lived my life getting what I wanted, with hard work or with none, a superior alpha and rich one, I thought I owned the world at some point growing up. I am the main character of my story, at school, college and work I am number one, that's what I've been told, that's what I convinced myself.

I had everything, loving family, loyal friends and a beautiful lover, now he is an ex lover.

I've known him most of my life, my ex, through family connections. Same age as mine, a tall person for an omega, and the most beautiful I laid my eyes on. Working as a model, successful and well known, I came to admire him over time, and even though he was the first to confess, I still think I liked him more than he did.

Things didn't work well between us, and I suffered. That's one of the times that I felt deep sadness, I got depressed. And even though things between us ended more than a year ago, but I don't think I fully recovered, not until Dan appeared in my life.

I saw Dan once or twice before, but there was this thing that happened and stuck in my mind, after that I just couldn't stop thinking about him.

I was heading out of the company, to a near cafe where my cousin Edmund was waiting for me, and there where I saw a crowd of people gathering around two people who were fighting, as I got closer I catched the smell of sweet pheromones, from an omega in heat it seemed. The smell mixed with disgusting rut pheromones coming from an alpha, as an alpha myself it disgusted me, but the crowd didn't seem to care, that's when I noticed that all of them were betas.

I got curious and got closer to the center of the circle, that when I saw Dan throwing fists at another alpha, who's pheromones got stronger and threatening, on the ground laid the small omega girl in her school uniform, panting. And even though her scent effected me a little, I was more drawn to the fight.

As it seems, the alpha was driven by the omega's heat, but Dan was in his way. No one of the people around tried to help, only Dan was fighting him trying to protect the little girl, his bloody nose and mouth, bruises on his cheek and hands, the amount of pheromones he inhaled, and the fact that the alpha was bigger and stronger than him, I thought he is going to fall, but he endured till the police arrived.

I was fascinated by that. Days after, I saw Dan with his bruised cheek and knuckles, talking to his colleagues, acting like nothing had happened, like he was the most ordinary person on earth, but at that point he wasn't to me. It's not like I look down on betas, but truth to be told, they are weaker. But Dan was strong and brave, and kind.

And over time I kept what happened playing in my mind, I kept thinking about him for no sole reason. I started to pay more attention to him, when I had the chance, my eyes would be kept on following him, I thought it was a normal act of me, until one day I had a wet dream of him. That what scared me at the beginning.

There is nothing special about his looks, he doesn't resemble an omega by any mean, in fact he is even taller than most of betas. Slender body, not that much of a fair skin, and not the best dresser, which makes him not in the range of my type. But somehow I still kept on looking at him.

Until the day that made me make sure of what my feelings are, it was when I had a phone call from my mother, telling me to come and visit over family dinner, mentioning that my ex is going to be there. That's when I realized that I almost forgot about him, that I haven't had a any kind of thoughts about him in a while, and the possibility that I stopped thinking of him because I was busy thinking about Dan.

That day I also had a fight with my mom over the phone, arguing about my ex. I got angry and couldn't even control my pheromones, I got out of my office, walking towards the exit of the building, not even seeing what's in front of me, when I bumped into Dan.

I didn't know what got into me, but I was mad I shouted and released more pheromones at the one that I not only bumped into but pushed to the ground. The moment I realized it was Dan my heart started to hurt, I never saw those kind of expressions on his face before, he was scared, that's also when I noticed, he was beautiful.

His brown eyes, slightly covered by the dark locks of his hair, they catched me standing still, staring, like a mute. And between him apologizing, brushing his hair with his fingers away from his face and him trying to get up, I vanished from his sight. I walked the fastest I could away from him. From all the people around us, staring and amazed, I was the most of them, who was amazed.

I fell for him, for no good reason, I just did. I settled with only watching him from afar, then to making him notice my presence. I'd just casually pass near him and say "hi" to make myself more familiar around him. For some reason I started stalking his social media accounts. I knew where he lives and his number from the information he gave applying to the job, and I knew what he liked and he does from social media.

I thought I was satisfied with that, until I wanted more, I wanted to be close, not as a friend, I wanted to be closer than that. And even though I didn't want to scare him off  with that fact too soon, but at the restaurant when I invited him to make myself closer as a friend, taking it step by step.. I rushed things.

When I smelled the scent of another alpha on him, when he was standing on the porch, I couldn't contain my jealousy, I wanted him. I want him only for myself.

That's when I proposed the idea of dating, and even though I know he is not convinced, but I still keep on trying. It is selfish by me, and I can just blame it on my alpha genes, but I really want him, for no good reason, I just do.