Part-1

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Karan tossed and turned in the bed and sat up in frustration. He was not being able to sleep at all. He threw the blanket away and switched off the AC and went out lazily. May be he could grab a diet coke. He liked the idea and immediately went to the kitchen and took out a can of diet coke from the fridge. He went and sat in the balcony attached to the lounge dipping his legs in the swimming pool.

He took a few sips of the coke and took out his phone from the pocket of his track pant and opened Arjun's chat and smiled seeing her picture.

He quickly opened instagram and typed 'Tejaswi" in the search bar and scrolled through the numerous accounts.

"What a fool....Bharat and Arjun must be following her...." He rolled his eyes at himself and went to Bharat's profile and started typing her name.

"Oh....Tejasswi....with a double S...." He chuckled and went to her profile. "Private...." He frowned and made a face.

He went to FB and searched with her correct and full name this time.

"Wow....profile is locked...." He sighed in irritation.

He quickly went to linkedin and searched for her profile.

"Itna kuch kar liya?baap re...." His eyes widened. "MBBS MD DM....cleared NEET PG the same year....bhai yeh toh mujhe dekhegi bhi nahi....scholar tejasswi...."

He sighed and looked at the sky and then opened Arjun's chat and looked at her photo again.

"Khubsoorat...." He whispered softly.

*****

"Keep me updated with his vitals....and keep the discharge papers ready...." Teja instructed the sister on phone.

"Sure ma'am...."

"Take care....bye...." Teja said politely and disconnected the call and laid down on her bed.

Karan Kundrra. She closed her eyes. She didn't know what to feel about it. She trusted her parents and their decisions but still. Her world was extremely simple and whatever she had heard about him and seen him over the internet , his world was larger than life. Like most celebrities will have. A simple girl with a simple life and an actor who is a public figure , she didn't know what to feel. But she trusted her parents. And she would never say no on their face. There was nothing wrong in meeting his family. And him. In all probability he will reject her.

She sighed and pulled the blanket over her and went to sleep.

*****

It was a sunday and Karan stood in front of the mirror of his walk in closet. He had changed three outfits because he had no idea what to wear. He had never even thought in his wildest dreams that he would have to go with his family to a girl's house to meet her and her family as a part of marriage proposal. Had someone told him this a couple of years back he would have laughed and choked on air.

He had first worn a Tshirt and a jeans but it seemed too casual. So he had changed into a chinese collar shirt and chinos but something was off. So he had changed into a shirt trouser and blazer and it seemed too much. He groaned in frustration and thre everything on the stool.

"Poonam di...." He shouted loudly. "Poonam di...." He shouted exactly after five seconds.

"What?" She came in sometime and rolled her eyes seeing the closet room.

"What should I wear?" He pouted.

"I can't believe this...." She muttered and went near the wardrobe.

She took out a white shirt and grey trousers and a belt.

"Wear this....don't keep your hair till the 21st floor....comb it properly...." She rolled her eyes and went out.

"Whatever...." He muttered and got ready. "Oh shit....mai toh good boy dikh raha hoon...." He smiled happily seeing himself in the mirror and sprayed some perfume and went out. Everyone was waiting for him.

"Finally mamu....you take so much time...." Veer said in irritation as they went downstairs and sat in the car.

They drove to her place and it was around 5:30 in the evening when they reached her house.

"Are you nervous?" Meenu asked seeing him rub his palm. It was so unlike her brother.

"Nope....just weird....this is something i never had imagined...." He said honestly and stopped as soon as the door opened.

Her parents and one more lady and a man greeted them and they all settled there in the lounge.

They introduced everyone and Karan figured out that the lady was Tejasswi's bua and the man was her bua's husband. One more guy was there who happened to be Teja's brother in law. Karan liked their vibe. They were sweet people.

They were served tea and snacks and Bharat looked at Karan confused.

"Mamu...." He whispered in Karan's ear.

"What?" He looked at Bharat frowning.

"Isn't the girl supposed to serve all this?i have seen in movies....that's what happens in india...." He said in confusion.

"Shut up and sit quietly...." Karan gritted his teeth and whispered to him.

"I'll call Teja...." Her mother got up and went near the stairs.

"Riddhima....Riddhima...." She called loudly. Karan assumed that she was calling Teja's cousin sister.

"Haan mami....aa rahe hai...." Karan heard her sister's voice and his heart was thudding in his chest.

The Karan Kundrra. Who has had a fair share of experience in relationships was getting nervous and excited to meet a girl. Something was wrong for sure.

He saw both the girls come down the stairs and he looked at her for a moment and then looked away immediately. Her family was there. It wouldn't look nice to stare at her.

From the one look that he had of her , he had figured out that she was wearing a beige salwar with white works on it.

She came down and touched the elders' feet and meenu made her sit in between her and Poonam.

"Just keep talking to me...." Karan looked at Bharat and said in a low voice.

"Talk what?" Bharat frowned.

"Anything....just keep talking....i don't know where to look...." He said in a whisper.

"Shit mamu...." He controlled his laughter. "Okay sure....you think you will like her?"

"I don't know....say something else...."

"I like her....you should definitely say yes...." He whispered smiling widely.

"Don't talk about her idiot...." He whispered frowning.

Karan kept talking to Bharat as everyone kept talking to Teja. She spoke to them politely and they really got along well together.

"Umm i think we should let the kids talk....you guys should have a walk around the terrace...." Her father said smiling at them and Teja looked at Karan for a brief moment. For the first time that evening.

"Yes uncle...." Poonam said happily. "Sunny...." She looked at him.

"Haan di?" He asked in a low voice.

"Come Karan...." Teja's brother in law got up and walked to the stairs. "Let's go to the stairs...."