Part-41

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

"Listen nuh meri ek friend aa rahi hai Mumbai from cape town....toh she was asking if we could meet....tum chal rahi ho okay?sunday is fine right?"

"Arrey tumhari friend hai....tum milo....karan yeh har jagah mujhe leke jaoge toh sab irritated ho jayenge tumhe leke...." She rolled her eyes.

"Shut up....milwa dungi tumhe....please mana mat karna....please please...." He whined like a kid.

"Okay fine...." She muttered.

"Yess....and suno woh...." He scratched the back of his neck.

"Ab kya?"

"Woh meri ex hai....as in we had dated during high school and college...." He said scratching his head.

Teja shook her head hopelessly.

That is why he is taking me. So that i don't get curious about it if they go alone.

"Karan....tum jaa sakte ho unke saath....i won't mind....i don't want ki tum mujhe leke jaao just so that mere dimaag mein questions na aaye....kyunki mere dimaag mein koi bhi question nahi aane wala hai...." She said trying to make him understand.

"No that's not the reason....woh bohut acchhi friend hai meri so jaise mai tumhe mere dusre friends se milwaunga waise hi isse bhi milwaunga....i just said woh ex thi because i wanted to be honest...."

"Acchha okay...." She said sighing.

"I will pick you up by 8 on sunday?" He asked happily.

"Haan...."

*****

Karan was waiting outside her house. He had called her and informed that he had reached. Teja came out closing the door behind her and sat in the car. She was wearing a white top and loose jeans with hair kept open. She looked cool.

"Kitna wait karwati ho...." He said smiling mischievously making her roll her eyes.

"Chalein ab?"

"Haan ji...." He smiled widely and started the engine.

They reached the restaurant and his friend was already waiting for them. She gave both Karan and Teja a warm hug and they settled for dinner.

It started of nicely for Teja. The girl was friendly and sweet and a normal girl like her so she had no problem interacting with her.

But as time passed by she started to get pissed.

The first instance started when they were ordering for dinner. Teja was ordering noodles like she usually did and suddenly she got to know from the girl that , Karan disliked noodles. What pissed Teja so much was that most of the time she and Karan had gone for dinner , she had ordered noodles most of the times.

"That's fine babah....i am not so picky about food...." That was all Karan had said. Which was true. But it irked Teja.

And from that it went on increasing. Karan remembered every small details about her and they would talk about all those memories as references. And so did the girl remember.

Teja took her phone out from her bag and pinged Nidhi.

Call me right now.

What happened all good?mai 10 minute mein karu?i am walking.
Teja read her reply.

Nidhi call me right now. It is damn urgent.

And Teja's phone started to ring.

"Haan Nidhi bol...." She said after picking up the call.

"Kya bol?" She asked in confusion.

"Huh?abhi?nahi mai toh dinner pe....koi aur nahi hai?" Teja said pretending to be worried and Karan and his friend looked at her curiously.

"Hain?kya bol rahi hai?" Nidhi frowned.

"Oh okay....nahi nahi it's okay i'll come...."

"Come where?tu pagal ho gayi hai?" Nidhi asked rolling her eyes.

"Yeah half an hour....bye...." She disconnected the call.

Karan puche toh bolna emergency tha. She pinged Nidhi quickly and kept her phone on the table.

"What happened?" Karan asked with concern. "Sab thik hai?"

"Haan....actually ek emergency hai hospital mein....no other doctor is available to report within an hour....so i will have to go...." She said pretending to be guilty.

"Oh...." Karan didn't know how to react. This was the first time that Teja had gotten an emergency while being out with him. And he knew that it was her job and he had immense respect for her profession. "Chalo i will drop you...." He said while getting up.

"No no...." She said immediately. "I will book a cab....you guys carry on....i will join some other day...." She said faking a smile to both of them.

Karan thought for a second. It would be rude to leave his friend there. And Teja was an independent woman. She didn't need him to drop her off somewhere.

"Okay....book karo...." He said sitting down as she also sat and booked a cab to the hospital as he was looking over her phone.

"I am going out....cab 7 minutes mein aa jayega...." She said and got up. Karan got up and gave her a side hug and his friend waved at her.

"Chalo i will...." He began but was cut off by Teja.

"Karan idhar hi aayega cab....no need to go out....tum baitho....bye...." She said sweetly and went out.

She sat inside the cab and quickly changed her destination from the hospital to Nidhi's house.

Ghar pe bhi bolna hoga emergency tha. Karan might end up saying it in front of mumma papa and fir sab mujhpe chadhenge ki maine jhoot kyun bola? She muttered under her breath.

"Ma'am destination changed dikha raha hai...." The driver looked at her through the rear view mirror.

"Haan kyunki maine ki change....koi problem?" She asked sarcastically.

He quickly shook his head.

"Toh chaliye...." She faked a smile and put on her earphones.

Pohuch ke inform karna. Her phone beeped with a message from him.

Inform my left foot ki choti ungli. She muttered under her breath.

"Kuch kaha aap ne?" The driver asked in confusion.

"Nahi...." She muttered and put on some music and closed her eyes , keeping his message unread.