Part-6

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Karan rang the bell of his home and his jiju opened the door.

"Hey jiju...." He opened his shoes and came in and sat on the couch where everyone was already sitting and chatting.

"But papa atleast uncle aunty can come nuh?please request them nuh...." Meenu said looking at their father.

"I know i told them....but if Teja would have made it , it would have been better...." His father said sadly.

Karan who was least interested in the conversation was leaning over to Veer to peep into his phone when he heard his father take Teja's name and he immediately looked at him.

Poonam nudged meenu gesturing at Karan who was now looking at them waiting for someone to elaborate the conversation because he didn't know head or tail of what they were talking about.

"That's true....but still ask uncle aunty to come....we will have a blast...." Meenu said happily.

Karan made a face since nobody was saying anything properly. Come where?what would be better if Teja could have made it?

"Okay i will tell them but then how can we leave Teja alone?" Their father rolled his eyes.

"Valid point....because we will call her bua and uncle as well....riddhima and aditya?what about them?" Poonam said eyeing Karan who has sat straight and was looking at them restlessly. She wanted to laugh out loud but what was the harm to tease their little brother a little more? They wanted to see till when he will keep up with his patience and not ask them.

"Yes yes obviously i will call her bua and uncle as well....and riddhima aur aditya ka bhi similar problem hoga teja jaisi...." Their father said with concern.

Problem?what problem?

Karan shifted on the couch restlessly. They had met each other two days back on tuesday and it was friday. They haven't spoken on wednesday and on thursday Karan just wished her good night on watsapp and she had replied. Nothing else.

"If that's the case then teja will easily stay with them and uncle aunty and her bua and uncle can join us...." Meenu said happily and looked at Karan who was looking at her impatiently.

"What?" Meenu asked him trying to control her laughter.

"Nothing....what are you talking about?" He asked them immediately.

"We are going to Jalandhar right?so we were thinking of inviting them over to visit with us....we will have a small family trip and the two families will get to know each other well...." His father told him.

They were going to Jalandhar for two weeks. Madhu was in jalandhar. Karan had initially said that he won't be able to go because he has his shoot for DDJ and lockupp but then agreed and decided that he will fly back , shoot and fly back to jalandhar and two weeks can be managed.

"Oh...." He said casually and then it struck him.

Why did papa say it would have been nice if Teja would have made it?

"Who all are going?" He asked slowly.

Meenu and Poonam smiled looking at each other and Karan glared at them.

"I spoke to Prakash ji....he said tejasswi ka bata nahi sakte because her hospital schedule is very tedious....so he is not sure if she will be able to manage holidays for two weeks....so i have insisted prakash ji and his wife and Tejasswi's bua and uncle to join us....it would be lovely if the kids also comes....riddhima aditya and tejasswi but unka sure nahi hai...." His father informed him.

"Why?doctors don't take vacations?" He asked like a kid.

"I think she will feel awkward that is why she would refuse....her father knows his daughter....poonam why don't you call her and ask her to join us....may be she will agree if any one of us talks to her...." His mother said lovingly.

Karan immediately got up.

"I will freshen up and come...." And with that without listening to anyone else he rushed to his room.

He locked the door and took his phone out from his pocket. It was 9 o'clock. Not a bad time to call.

He quickly messaged her.

Free?

He waited for her reply and within a couple of minutes his phone vibrated.

Yes just reached home. Say?

Can i call?had something to talk about. He typed and sent him.

Yeah sure. He read her reply and called her immediately.

"Hi...." He smiled listening to her voice as soon as she picked up the call.

"Hey....kaisi ho?" He asked softly.

"Thik....tum?" She asked softly.

"Good....just came home and heard that papa and uncle spoke about the Jalandhar trip...." He said sitting on the bed.

"Yeah papa was saying....they will go probably...." She said politely.

"Ain't you coming?" He asked softly.

"No actually i don't think i will get holidays...." She said awkwardly.

She is an awkward liar clearly.

"I won't force you if it is really work that will not let you come....but if you are not coming because you are awkward then please don't be....my family really likes you as a person and they are very fond of you....it would be a good family time with both our families....and you don't need to be awkward at all....poonam di meenu will be there and we have madhu there waiting for us....they will be good friends to you....and riddhima and aditya toh honge hi...." He said in a comforting tone.

Teja was silent. How did he even know why i was not coming?

"Tejasswi...." He said softly. "I know it is very different for you....your world is simple and beautiful and mine is completely opposite....loud and complex....even if we are out we cannot do some of the most normal things which you could have done had someone else had been in my place....i know for the kind of person you are , you will be more than loving to my family but it is awkward right now because it is too soon....and you don't know them well enough....or may be because i am there in the dynamics....if it was just my family trying to bond with you without me being in picture you would have been relaxed...." He said with a soft smile. "But i want you to know that i will give equal efforts in knowing you and your family...."

Teja smiled softly listening to him.

How easily and correctly did he get me. And made it so simple for me.

"Thanks...." She said softly.

He smiled widely and then chuckled silently.

"So?will you come?" He asked hoping that she would say yes.

"Hmm....i will...." She said smiling making him smile widely and bite his lower lips in excitement.

"Okay then...." He said not knowing what else to say.

"Suno....tumhara congestion kaisa hai?" She asked slowly. She knew he was putting in a lot of efforts and she has to do it too. In little steps.

"Thik hai ab...." He said smiling widely. Finally she asked something. On her own.

"Awaaz sunke toh nahi lag raha hai...." She said frowning.

"Haan woh thoda...." He bit his tongue and ruffled his hair.

"I will message you a couple of medicines....get it and have it....first one after dinner and second one before breakfast and lunch....i will mention it in the message...." She said softly.

"Okay...." He said softly smiling like a goofy kid.