Part-38

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Teja wiped her face dry and came out of the washroom and sat with Karan.

"Teja tum thik ho?is it something about work?" Karan asked with concern as they started to eat.

"Yeah....ek complicated case hai...." She said without looking at him and he knew that she was lying. It was definitely something else.

They finished their food and wine and went back to the car as Parvez started to drive.

"Mere ghar?" He asked looking at her and knew that she would refuse.

"Aaj nahi...." She looked at him with a small smile. "Woh kaha nuh ek case hai....thoda complicated....will have to go through the files to know more about the history...."

He nodded looking into her eyes and she quickly looked away.

"Parvez Teja ke ghar...." He instructed him and they reached his place.

"Mai kal subah jaa raha hoon...." He said looking at her.

"Pata hai....take care huh?" She bend over the storage space and gave him a hug and pulled back fairly quickly before he could hug properly.

He kept staring at her as she got down and went inside the house after saying bye to Parvez.

*****

Karan had left for Lonavala early in the morning and left a message to inform her. He had seven day schedule of his shoot in Lonavala. He kept checking his phone throughout his drive as Parvez drove the car and Omi and Nikhil kept discussing something. The message he had sent had a single tick.

Pata nahi ise kya ho gaya achanak se. Itna kam bolti hai it is so difficult to know what she is thinking.

He sighed and looked out of the window.

They had reached Lonavala and started their shoot already. Teja had replied to him at night. He had called her after his shoot and her phone was switched off. He had messaged Nidhi who informed him that she was in a surgery.

Two days had passed and Karan was frustrated by the end of the second day. She had sent him hardly 5 texts in two days and that too very formal ones wishing him morning and night and everytime he would call , she would wither be busy or the phone will end up being unanswered only for Teja to message him after a few hours saying that she was either sleeping or on duty.

He checked the time. It was 12 at night and he had already asked Nidhi that she had left the hospital an hour back.

He quickly called her. It was unanswered.

Teja pick up the call it's urgent. He sent her a message and got a call from her immediately.

"So you were by your phone and were purposely ignoring me?" He came straight to the point after picking up the call.

"Kya hua?tabiyat thik hai?" She asked ignoring his question.

"Tejasswi tum doctor hone ke saath saath meri fiance bhi ho....sirf tabiyat kharab hone pe emergency hogi meri?" He asked seriously and she stayed quiet. "Chup kyun ho?phone kyun nahi utha rahe the?"