Part-7

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Teja folded her clothes and kept in in her suitcase and looked at the wall clock. It was 10 o'clock at night and it was Sunday. They had their flight for Amritsar the next morning. Karan was not coming with them. He had his shoot for DDJ and lockupp both and thus would take the flight at night.

Poonam and meenu had spoken to her and requested her to visit Jalandhar and she said yes. Little did they know that their brother had already made her say yes , even before they had called.

She chuckled at the thought and checked her phone. There were no messages from him.

How is your congestion?did you take the medicines? She messaged him.

He would not message him very often. Like they had spoken on Friday and she had sent him the names of the medicine after the call. After that he hadn't pinged her throughout saturday and sunday.

She had kept checking her phone in between her duty and even at home but no. No messages.

She wanted to talk to him. Badly. And the only way to do that was to message him herself. And there was nothing wrong in it. They both had decided to take this forward so they would have to talk.

She sighed keeping her phone away because she knew she would end up checking it every other second. And in a couple of minutes , she heard her phone ping.

She quickly took it. Yes it was him.

Much better. Thanks to your medicine. :)

She smiled reading his reply. When she had come to know that Karan would not travel with them she got upset. She didn't know why. Why would he travel all alone while they would travel together as families and have fun.

She knew it was a matter of seconds that she can cancel her travel in the morning and postpone it to night. She had a plan ready but she didn't know if she should do that. She didn't want anyone to find it out also she didn't know whether he would like the idea. Or whether he would offer her to travel with him even if she postponed it to night.

She sighed.

Do not overthink and just do it.

She went downstairs.

"Papa...." She went and sat beside her father.

"Haan beta...." Her father said while watching TV.

"Papa there is a problem....i will have to go to the hospital for a patient in the morning so i might not be able to take the flight...." She said slowly. She hated to lie. Especially to her parents.

"Huh?fir toh jaana padhega hospital....but then when will you come?" Her father muted the TV and looked at her.

"Papa don't worry....i will finish work and catch a flight...." She said softly. She had never been so guilty. She had never lied to her parents.

"Okay beta...." Her father said with concern and looked at her mother who nodded a little.

Teja looked at her mother and realised that her mom had probably guessed it. She closed her eyes in embarrassment.

"She is a big girl....she will manage....aap tension mat lo...." Her mother told her father and he nodded.

"I will let them know...." Her father nodded and said while caressing her hair.

She helped her mother in the kitchen and then had dinner together and finally went upstairs after saying good night to her parents.

Papa said you have got an emergency work so will not be able to go with them. I will make your tickets with me at night if that's okay with you?we will have a connecting flight from delhi to amritsar.

She checked her phone and blushed seeing his message.

You don't have to take so much trouble. I will manage. :)

She replied back hoping he would insist.

Okay. :)

She frowned seeing the reply and her face fell immediately. So much of hardwork for this?

She kept her phone away and sat on the bed sulking.

Within a couple of minutes her phone was ringing. It was him.

"Haan bolo...." She said after picking up the call.

"Jab itna sab kiya to travel with me then why do you want to be humble and say that you will manage?" He asked with a mischievous smile.

Teja could feel her cheeks and ears heat up immediately.

He knows?how?does the others know?

"Don't worry nobody else knows...." He said chuckling and her eyes widened.

How does he know what i was thinking.

"Kya hua?chup kyun ho?" He chuckled.

"Mujhe sach mein kaam hai...." She said trying to hide the change in her voice due to the shy smile.

"Okay....if you say so...." He said while laying down on the bed. "But since you cannot travel in the morning due to...." He stopped and then continued. "Work...." He stressed on the word work making her blush. "Why don't you travel with me?"

"Okay...." She said softly.

"Kya kar rahe the?" He asked softly.

"Packing....tumhara ho gaya?" She asked softly.

"Hmm...." He hummed softly.

"Okay then...." She said softly.

"Busy ho?sone wali ho?" He asked immediately.

"Not really....why?" She asked.

"Nahi....call disconnect karne wali thi isiliye...." He said sheepishly.

She smiled softly.

"Nahi aise hi...." She said chuckling.

"Will you come to my set tomorrow?" He asked softly.

"Me?" She asked nervously.

"Why?iss mein kya hai?i will go to the airport from there....i mean i will anyway pick you up even if you don't come to my set....but what's the harm if you do?" He asked softly.

"Nahi i mean...." She said nervously.

"It's okay...." He said with a smile understanding her hesitation. "Some other time...."

"I will come...." She said softly.

"Okay then...." He said happily. "First i will shoot for DDJ and then lockupp....umm....you don't have to waste your energy throughout the day...." Before he could complete , she cut him off.

"Send me the location i will come....to DDJ set and then we can go to your other set together?" She asked softly.

He smiled widely. In that one moment , it felt like he had gotten everything he could ask for.

"I will pick you up....uncle aunty will leave early morning right?" He asked softly.

"Yes they will leave at about 7...." She said softly.

"My call time is at 10....i will pick you up by 9?keep your luggage ready because we will go to the airport straight from set...." He said softly.

"Okay....but what about your paps?" She asked knowing what his reply will be.

"Secret car....don't worry...." He chuckled softly.