Part-19

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

"You are right...." She said calmly. "Exactly yehi mai Meenu di ko samjhane ki koshish kar rahi thi ki mere kuch bolne se tumhe fadhak nahi padhega....after all i am an outsider...." She turned and looked at Meenu di. "I'll see you meenu di...."

And with that she went to her room.

Karan looked at her retreating figure and closed his eyes.

Shit man.

"You have disappointed me Sunny...." Meenu got up and Karan looked down. "I will talk to the elders...." She was about to walk inside when he held her hand.

"About?" He asked restlessly.

"About this rethinking decision...." She said sadly. She knew she would not do it. But she said it to make him understand the gravity of the situation. To make him understand how it will feel to even think what the elders might do.

"Shit Meenu no....no no...." He said quickly. "I'll....i'll talk to her....tu kuch mat bol kisiko...."

"Fine....you have time till tonight...." She said firmly.

"Done...." He said obediently.

Throughout the day Teja had ignored him. She was always with one of the elders so that Karan couldn't talk to her neither could ask her to come aside.

Shit yaar Sunny what the hell will you do now?she is actually hurt. Or angry. Or may be both.

In the evening when everyone had sat for their chat session , Teja had gone upstairs to her room to pack. They were to leave for mumbai the day after the next day and she had to pack her things which were scattered in the room and cupboard.

She was folding her clothes and keeping in the suitcase when the window panes started to bang.

"Shit...." She muttered looking there and the curtains were flying. It was a thunderstorm.

In no time she heard loud sounds of lightning and even could see flashes of it outside the window.

She quickly went to the window and tried to hold the panes. The wind was so strong that it got opened with a bang and then got closed again and she moved back scared of getting hurt. She was about to hold it again when she saw him holding the pane tightly. He closed the window and latched it and then turned to look at the balcony.

"You want the balcony door closed as well?" He asked softly.

She shook her head. The balcony door had a stopped so it wasn't banging and she was liking the wind. She was about to turn and go to the bed again to fold her clothes when he held her hand.

"Sorry...." He said like a kid.

She stood there but didn't look back at him , neither did she move her hand away.

"Sorry...." He came and stood in front of her. "Sorry...." He took her hand up to his lips and kissed her palm softly. "Sorry...." He pouted and this time she looked at him. "Bohut gussa ho?"

"Thoda...." She said in a low voice.

"I am idiot....bohut fuddu hoon mai....bohut jaldi gussa aa jaata hai mujhe...." He said like a kid. "When i got to know you did something out of your comfort zone just cause of me....i lost it....and when i get angry i don't see logic....i know you came to talk but mai waisa hi hoon....attention chahiye hota hai mujhe....so i kept taunting you....and when you said i need to rethink this...." He gestured at the two of them. "I got so pissed that i....maine subah bhi....i am so sorry...."

"It's okay....and no need to give so many justifications to an outsider...." She said looking at him.

"Please yaar Tejasswi...." He whined like a kid. "You know i didn't mean it like that....i got this....see....sorry....maaf kar do...." He took out a dairy milk from his pocket.

"Yeh fridge mein tha i saw it...." She rolled her eyes.

"Haan....mai fridge se toh leke aaya nuh...." He pouted and made a puppy face.

She smiled and bit and took it.

"Toh maaf kiya?" He asked in full excitement.

She nodded bit.

"Sochlo...." He said softly. "Mai aisa hi hoon....and i am being honest with you....baad mein mat bolna ki i faked my personality to impress you...." He said sitting on the bed.

"So you are trying to impress me?" She frowned.

"Nahi....i am being myself....tum impress ho rahi ho toh mai kuch nahi kar sakta...." He shrugged.

She shook her head with a smile and continued to pack her stuffs.

"Bas kal ka din....then back to mumbai...." He said looking at her softly.

"Hmm....back to work...." She said with a smile.

"I am sure mujhe week mein do teen din fever toh aa hi jayega....doctor ki zarurat padhegi...." He said softly.

"Shut up...." She blushed a little. "Mujhse milne ke liye fever ka excuse chahiye tumhe?"

"Tchk...." He shook his head. "I will come to neet you everyday....atleast i'll try to....if our schedules match...."

She smiled softly and then continued to do her work. He sat there fidgeting with her hair clip that was kept on the side table.

"I was in my fourth year of MBBS and we had gone to a pub in mumbai to celebrate a friend's birthday...." She said without looking at him while still folding the clothes.

"Tejasswi you don't have to...." He sat straight realising that she was talking about the past incident.

"I want to...." She said looking at him.

He nodded quietly gesturing her to continue.

"We were dancing when a guy and held my waist from behind...." She said as her eyes grew distant remembering that evening. "His breath and clothes were smelling of alcohol....he moved his hand up...." She gulped and stopped. "And also grinded his crotch on my hips...."

Karan fisted his palm and got up as he saw her breathing getting uneven.

"After that night i never went to any night clubs...." She turned and looked at him. "But when at the terrace you asked me to go with you....i....i don't know i felt like i could go with you...."

Karan looked at her stunned and her eyes were glistening with tears.

"I have been the eldest daughter of my family....when papa used to work away from home , me mumma and pra....mera matlab hai prateek hum rehete the....i was the one protecting Pra....i never showed anyone when i felt scared....not to anyone....not even to nidhi once i grew up...." She wiped her tears that were beginning to fall and Karan moved closer and wiped her tears with the pad of his thumb.

"I haven't known you for a long time....but itne time mein jo tumne kiya woh mere liye kisine nahi kiya....chahe woh nikhil ko bolke yeh nake sure karna ki i reach on safely....yaa jab mein bike pe dar gayi toh mere liye use slow down karna....road mein chalte time khud cars wale side pe walk karte ho tum....pata nahi laga tum safe rakhoge mujhe...." She said looking away from him. "I wanted to push myself....i wanted to do this....to get over my fear....and i thought you would keep me safe...."

Karan immediately pulled her into a hug and she kept her head along his chest.

"I am sorry...." He whispered closing his eyes and kept his chin on her head.

"And you did....i felt safe....right from the time we entered....you didn't leave my hand....you securely made me walk through the crowd...." She said softly. "I will never do anything just because you want me to....i did it because i wanted to...."

He licked his lips as he felt his eyes moistening and patted her back softly.