Part-4

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Karan unlocked the door of his apartment and came inside into the dimly lit lounge. It was 3 o'clock in the morning and everyone had gone to sleep. He had his shoot for DDJ and then had an book launch event to attend. While driving back he had stopped at the beach to have a cup of tea and feel the breeze.

He was completely exhausted but not at all sleepy. He freshened up and sat in the balcony attached to his room and unlocked his phone. Yesterday he had taken her number and till now he hadn't managed to message her. Last night he wanted to message her but didn't fearing he might look too desperate. And since the morning he was busy and now it was 3:23 in the morning so obviously he cannot message her.

Or can i?apparently she is my would be wife. I can right? But still. May be after a few days. Not for the first time.

He sighed and opened her linkedin and checked her DP there and then opened Arjun's chat and saw the picture that he had sent him. Those were the only two pictures he had of her. The FB and instagram DP didn't have her face in closeup and had her back profile. Totally sad scene.

"I will message her tomorrow for sure...." He muttered and went into the room and dropped himself on the bed.

*****

Teja kept laying on the bed scrolling instagram and checking food videos. She had come home at about 1:30 after her shift and was still not being able to sleep.

She was about to finally keep her phone away when she stopped. She opened instagram and typed Karan Kundra. And his blue tick account can in the suggestions.

"Kundrra....double r....okay...." She muttered and opened his page.

She scrolled through his page till she reached the very first post. And realised that she had spent almost half an hour in his profile. She mentally slapped herself and then kept the phone on the side table. She closed her eyes and then opened her eyes again and took her phone. She googled him and started to read the articles. And before she realised another hour had passed.

"Sojaa teja sojaa....kal firse kaam pe jaana hai....late shift hai but hai...." She closed her eyes finally after keeping her phone away and went to sleep.

*****

Karan had woken up late and had lunch because it was already lunch time. He sat and chatted with his family and then his sisters and mother had gone out for shopping. His jiju had gone to meet a friend and his nephews were chilling in their room while his father was taking a nap. He was free.

He opened her chat on watsapp.

Hi Teja wassup. He frowned and deleted what he had typed.

Hello Tejasswi. This is Karan. He shook his head and deleted it again.

Hi. - Karan. He messaged her.

She wasn't online.

She must be at work.

He sighed and kept his phone away. After two minutes he checked his phone again. She hadn't read it.

What if her read recipient is off?stop over thinking Sunny. Stop behaving like a crazy guy. She will read it once she is free.

With that he went to his room and kept his phone under the pillow and started to watch a show on netflix.

He controlled a lot to keep himself away from the phone. After an hour he took his phone out from under the pillow and unlocked.

She still hasn't messaged or seen it for that matter. He pouted sadly and hugged the pillow.

It was evening and his family had come back and he was sitting in the lounge with everyone but he kept checking his phone every other minute. He was losing it.

He had kept his phone on his thigh and he felt it vibrate. He quickly unlocked it and smiled widely. She had replied.

He controlled his smile and opened her chat.

Hey.

And her DP was visible. So she had saved his number.

Hey?just a hey? His face fell. You had sent her a hi Sunny. What else can she reply.

Am i disturbing you?are you at work? He messaged her back.

No. Just got done.  He read her reply and smiled softly.

Back home? He messaged.

On my way back. She typed while sitting in her car as her driver drove her home. I think i am sounding rude. Let me ask him as well.

On my way back. You? She added the you and pinged back.

He smiled widely seeing her reply.

She wants to know about me.

He immediately got up and went to his room without saying anything to anyone and locked the door.

Should I call her?no no. It will sound weird. What weird bro?okay fine. Ask her.

I had an off today. Should i call you?  He messaged her and waited impatiently for her reply.

She blushed reading his message.

Okay. She replied back.

He read the message and called her.

"Hey...." She said softly after picking up the call.

"Hi....umm....tiring day?" He asked not knowing how to start the conversation.

"A little....not much...." She said politely.

He smiled softly and kept quiet for a couple of seconds. She realised that he was putting in a lot of efforts to keep up the conversation and she was doing none.

"You had an off right?" She asked softly repeating the information he had given her a few moments back and he smiled widely listening to her. He knew that she was trying to keep up the conversation just like he was.

"Yeah....i purposely kept it free because i had a tiring day yesterday...." He said softly and laid down on the bed.

"Oh...." She blushed immediately because she already knew it. She had checked all his papped videos last night while stalking him and the thought made her blush.

"When will you reach home?" He asked softly.

"Umm....in about 45 minutes...." She said checking her watch.

"Woh actually tumse much....mera matlab hai aap se kuch puchna tha...." He said nervously.

"Tum is fine....puchiye...." She said softly.

"Puchiye?tum bolna agar mere liye fine hai....toh tumhare liye bhi hai...." He said softly.

"Pucho...." She said smiling.

"Tumhe sahi lage toh can we meet?" He asked and licked his dry lips.

"Okay...." She said softly.

"If you are free tomorrow?" He asked restlessly.

"My duty will be over by 7...." She said politely.

"Perfect...." He said happily. "Mera bhi lockupp se packup hoga around 7....mera matlab hai ek shoot se...." He corrected himself thinking she might not know about lockupp.

She wanted to laugh because she had checked his post in his jailer outfit on his instagram profile. So she knew about it. And she knew he had corrected himself thinking that she would not know.

"Okay then...." She said softly.

"I will pick you up from your hospital...." He said smiling.

"You tell me where to go....mai aa jaungi...." She said politely making him smile more.

"Mai aa jaunga....i will pick you up....7:30...." He said softly making her smile.