Part-21

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

He will think it was here all along he just missed it. She smiled victoriously and turned back to go out and was startled out of her wits.

He was standing there leaning on the wall beside the door with his hands crossed at his chest and smirked.

She widened her eyes and looked here and there and he cleared his throat and walked towards her.

"So you took it away?" He asked looking at her who looked everywhere other than into his eyes.

"Hmm?" He tilted his head.

"Sorry...." She said in a low voice.

"Why did you take it?" He asked looking at her.

"Karan I...." She fumbled but he cut her off.

"Do you want to change me?" He asked seriously.

"No Karan you are misunderstanding me....you were....you were worried so....so i thought tum zyaada kar rahe the isiliye....i didn't...." She fumbled more and he started to laugh.

She looked at him startled.

"Chill....i was joking...." He said smiling.

She glared at him and was about to leave when he held her hand.

"I am not talking to you...." She said like a kid.

"Thik hai mat baat karo....but we are leaving for mumbai tomorrow so let's sit for sometime?" He asked softly.

She shook her head like a baby.

"Fridge mein dairy milk hai....leke aau toh baithoge?" He asked sheepishly.

"Shut up...." She frowned and went to the balcony.

He smiled softly. He closed the door of the room and went to the balcony behind her.

He sat on the floor leaning on the wall and she stood nearing the railing.

"Tejasswi...." He said softly and she turned to look at him. He stretched his hand gesturing her to hold it. She held his hand and he pulled her and made her sit beside him. She kept her head on his shoulder and hugged his arm.

They sat there talking to each other and didn't realise that it was already time for sunrise.

"Light aa rahi hai...." She said looking at the sky.

"Hmm...." He hummed softly and pulled her closer to himself holding her upper arm.

They saw the sunrise together. He took out his phone from his pocket and clicked a couple of pictures of them together. Their first picture together.

"Send it to me...." She smiled seeing the picture.

"Why?" He asked in a teasing voice.

"Why matlab?" She frowned cutely making him chuckled and he quickly forwarded the pictures to her.

"Done...." He smiled.

"I should go to my room now...." She looked at him.

He nodded with a light smile.

"I will miss you Tejasswi...." He said tucking her hair behind her ears.

"I will miss you too...." She said softly.

He kissed her forehead gently and they stood up.

"Bye...." She smiled and he nodded.

She turned to leave but stopped in her track and turned to him again. He frowned and was about to ask her what happened when she cupped his left cheek with her right hand and kissed his right cheek softly and went out of the room without looking at him for a moment.

He chuckled softly and leaned on the railing and looked at the sky which was clear and lit now.

*****

They had returned to Mumbai and a couple of days had passed and on both the days Karan had managed to avoid the paps and meet Teja after his shoot. He had to wait for her duty to finish and he had done it patiently in the parking of her hospital on both the days.

"Oyee Teju...." Nidhi came and wrapped her arm around Teja's shoulder as she was walking through the corridor of the hospital.

They had just finished their lunch and was going back to their duties.

"So aaj bhi miloge?" Nidhi asked teasing her. She knew on both the days Karan had come to see her and take her out.

"I don't know....he will tell me if he has his pack up early...." Teja said chuckling. "He is shooting nearby only...."

"Ohhooo....toh tu jaa ke milke aa nuh....har baar woh aata hai....even you should go sometime...." She said as a matter of fact.

"Nahi....people might ask me who i am....and he anyway does a lot of brain storming to avoid getting spotted by the paps...." Teja said as they walked to the lift lobby.

"Chal bye...." Teja gave her a side hug and went to the cardiology department and Nidhi went to the emergency ward.

Nidhi crossed the reception area and was about to go into the corridor when the receptionist called her aloud.

"Ma'am....there is an emergency...."

Nidhi immediately walked till there and was taken aback to see Karan on the strecher , completely unconscious and his forehead and cheeks covered with blood. His shirt had patches of blood all over and there were a bunch of people around him who had taken him there.

She immediately went near to him and checked his pulse.

"What happened?" She asked looking at the man who was standing near his head.

"He got hurt during an action sequence....some equipment fell on him...." The guy said fumbling in worry.

Nidhi didn't even wait for him to complete his sentence.

"Take him to the ICU and inform Dr. Siddhanth and Dr. Tejasswi immediately...." She instructed the ward boys.

They immediately informed Teja about an emergency and she walked there and frowned seeing Omi and Nikhil standing there. Both of them moved forward in a reflex seeing her.

She was about to go to them when she saw him there. Like that.

She could feel her chest getting heavy and in no time everything around her seemed to be dazed out. She gulped and blinked a few times to stop her tears.

Teja. No. You cannot break down.

"What happened?" She muttered looking at omi.

He repeated the same information that was given to Nidhi.

"Why the hell is the patient still kept here?" She looked at a ward boy and said furiously.

"Dr. Tejasswi we thought of doing the MRI first before shifting him to the ICU...." One of the interns who was attending him said nervously.

"Just follow the orders and take him to the ICU....and i want the wounds to be cleaned right now...." She shouted at the intern who nodded getting scared.