My Warlock Mate.

Prologue

I’d always known who my mate was. His name was Hermes Robinson. It was third grade and I was his best friend. He didn't have many; he was teased for his name. He also wore glasses and back then, glasses were no cool. But I was his friend and I always stuck up for him when someone would mess with him. Now thinking back to it, I think I only made it worse for him to have a girl to defend him.

But when fifth grade came along and I didn't see him come to school, I was worried. I thought something had happened to him. It was soon that I learned he and his family had moved away. I don't know how long I was sad and lonely. I hated the world, it was hard. I didn't understand why I was so sad until my father sat me down and told me my family legend and what I was. He said it was always best to tell your children what they were until they were old enough to where they'll understand it important not to tell anyone so it'll keep the family safe.

Then he told me I would see Hermes again one day since I'm supposed to be with him. It was density for us to be together and from that day on, I've been counting the days till I could see him again.

I looked around my family, everyone was enjoying themselves. Though I did see the nervous look on my mother, Abigail’s, face. She knew it would be painful for me—hell, I was scared! Not long I'll be growing a tail and have a body full of fur and look like a dog!

I walked over to my cousins and the older ones tried to assure me that everything going to be fine. Of course the jerk-ish ones just made me even more nervous. I tried not to think about it, I just tried to think of Hermes. I wonder what he could look like now. I tried so many times to look him up on the internet, but I couldn't find anyone close to his birth year or anything close to resembling him when he was in third grade.

I miss him.

My cousin, Nikki, leaned over to me, “Hey, Jay, drink this.” He said handing me a cup. The stench of something strong hit my nose.

I pushed his hand away, “No, Nik, it smells disgusting.”

“Trust me, it'll make it seem like it's going much faster then it is.” He said. “It helps with the pain to be a little drunk.”

“I don't know...”

“You want to feel like your bones are being pulled out?” He asked, “I'm just looking out for my baby cousin.” he fluffed my brown hair and I pushed his hand away.

“Shut up.” I said with hesitation. I looked around to see if my parents were watching. They weren't, they were to busy being cozy together as they talked to my uncles and aunts. I took the cup and took a sip before I started coughing. “Ugh, that's disgusting. What is that?”

“Rum. After a few more, you'll get use to it.” He said.

*

“Jay, are you ready?” I heard my dad and I jumped, dropping the cup from my hand that was almost empty anyways and turned around to see him.

“Yes daddy!” I said, trying to sound normal.

He looked at me closely, “Your drunk.”

“Me? No.” He snorted and waved. “And yes, I'm ready. Let’s turn into a giant wolf!”

I giggled as I walked over to where everyone was forming a circle. Since I was a girl, I had to wear a pair of boxers and a sports bra. I didn't care that everyone around was looking at me, waiting for the moment I'll be in pain. Huh, I wonder how much pain it’ll be.

I looked at my mom and grinned, giving her a thumbs up that everything was going to be okay. She just gave me a small, encouraging smile.

After a few moments, every wolf looked up at the sky and I followed them to look at the moon. It was so pretty tonight. It was full and bright. It sparkled almost and it was enchanting.I let a small smile slip on my face as I let the soft summer breeze blow.

Suddenly something was forming—it was strange. It was hard to look at since I could see through it, it was almost like a ghost. But instead of a human body, I saw what appeared to look like a wolf. It hurled it head back and howled before charging at me.

It hit my body and I fell backward onto the ground, feeling increase kind of pains. I yelled for someone to help me, but no one did. They just let it happen.

Okay, so this is just a small introduction. I wanted to write a chapter showing the transformation, so here you go! I know it's small, but don't worry, the next chapter will be good!