(Chapter Sixteen.)

Hermes had dropped me off at home so I could change into something. I had an excuse that I was really sweaty from gym class but I think he must have known I was lying cause I never once sweated in gym class, even as a kid.

But he didn't ask why and dropped me off at home. I ran up to my ran, ignoring my mom welcoming home and my dad asking me why I was such a rush. I looked through my draw of clothes and tried to look for something nice.

"Ugh.", I thought as I couldn't find anything that didn't make me look like lazy person. I didn't own much nice clothes. "Where is that skirt?", I asked myself as I looked for my blue skirt with red flowers and brown belt. I pretty much took every pants and leggings I own out before I found it in the last draw.

I grabbed it with a smile in relief and took off my jeans. I slipped into the skirt and grabbed a white blouse. I was happy when I looked at least a little cute.

I went out my room and sneaked into my mom room, looking at her makeup basket, picking up different eyeliners and color plates. I brought my hand up to my mouth and bit my index nail. I was wondering how I'm suppose to do a nice eyeshadow when I could mess up just putting on some white or black.

"Oh, it can't be to hard.", I thought as I grabbed a makeup brush and put some black eyeshadow on my eyes.

I proven wrong once again. Not only can't I do magic, I can't even put on makeup. I'm a poor excuse of a girl, I should be able to do this! My mom does it so perfectly and I look like a racoon trying to do a smokey eye.

I took a makeup remover wip and clean my face for the second time.

"Want help?", my mom asked, making me jump and I turned to face her. She was smiling and she walked over to me, "Gold is what you should be doing, Jaycee.", she said as she took the brush and palette. She started putting on the eyeshadow and she chuckled, "I never did wear makeup until I met your dad. Auntie Victoria and Auntie Haley gave me this dumb makeover, but I was happy with it. I never done this with my mom, but I'm happy I could do with you. I've been waiting since you were thirteen."

"I just thought it would be fun to try.", I said.

She shook her head and chuckled, "So your not trying to get all cute for Hermes? I haven't seen you wear that skirt for a whole year and it suddenly make it's appearance again?"

I scuffed and rolled my eyes, "Not everything I do is because of Hermes.".

"Sure, Jaycee.", she said and she finished. "All done."

I turned to face the mirror and groaned, "How'd you do that!", I said and pointed at the mirror. She did a good job and she did it in a matter of one minute. It was perfect, clean, and she was right, the brown was amazing with my hazel ones.

I grabbed my flats and walked downstairs, waiting for Hermes to return with his sister in about another fifteen minutes.

My dad stared at me for a moment and I blushed, shifting awkwardly, "Stop staring, dad."

"Where is my weirdo daughter?", he asked and I scuffed, but smiled.

"I take you you think I look beautiful.", I said

"I always think you look beautiful, Jaycee.", he chuckled as he got up from the couch. He put his hands on his waist, "But I think it's finally time to meet Hermes-as he looks like now. Not the little boy you were friends with."

My smiled dropped, "Oh I don't think it's that time yet.".

"Really I think it is.", he said.

I shook my head, "Nope, to early. He isn't even my boyfriend yet.".