(Chapter One.)

Chapter One

Three Years Later.

(Hermes)

I pulled the damn box out from the trunk when I heard a howling sound. I paused and looked behind me, hearing it again. Jeez, I forgot there were wolves in this town, I remember I used to hear them at night. Strange how you can forget those noises. Used to scare the shit out of me, but I've been to busy in my life to remember such thing. They never did any harm to anyone.

“Hermes, come on.” My mother said, “And no magic this time, what if something saw you? Don't be lazy.”

“Ma, what the point of having magic if I can't use it?” I questioned as I grabbed the box and walked over to her.

“There's a total difference from using your powers and doing work. You’re just lazy.” she said. “Come on, we don't got all night. Isabelle and Joshua already almost done and you still got five more boxes to go.”

“Fine, fine, fine.” I said, going into the house and made my way up the stairs to my bedroom. My thirteen year old sister walked passed me, typing away on her phone about whether any cute boys would be here and my nine year old bother ran passed me, looking for our dad so he could show him his room and how everything looked. I could sense in his mind that he used a little magic to unpack everything, but he'll keep that to himself. It's one of my gifts; I can hear what they’re thinking.

I walked into my room and sat the box down. I looked around and thought, God damn, why couldn’t I just stay back with Jordan? Why'd we have to come back to this shit hole of a town?

Living back in Florida was getting hard, we moved so many times down there. It was hard finding work—none of them my parents like doing. They always loved Vermont, it was where most of our kind lives mostly all around the North coast. Besides, most of our family is spread out across the North. And Nash, it just seems familiar to them.

The only good thing about coming back was that I could enjoy playing with this like normies

I grinned at the thought; I might as well have some fun.

*

(Jaycee)

I grabbed my new light blue, slouchy beanie hat and fixed it on my head. I walked back so I could look at myself into the mirror and turned around. I had an over-sized grey sweater with Mickey Mouse on the front with some grey leggings along with some black flats. I didn't do my hair—I never do my hair. I let it go in its nice lose, wavy bed head. I only need to brush it; I never get why girls would spend so much of their time curling or flat ironing it. It was a waste of time. My makeup was very natural and by natural, I mean only eyeliner and mascara. I have a nice complexion, why should I ruin it with all that crap that's in most makeup?

I had glasses on my face—I don't need glasses. I have perfect vision, but wearing glasses help remind me of Hermes. He always wore glasses and I think when I see him again, he won’t be the only one. I sighed and fixed my beanie, upset now. I try to avoid the thought of Hermes whenever I can. I listen to music, read a whole lot, and cook but he always seems to be in my mind. I try to image him as a teenager now. Blonde, tall, still having those cute, dorky glasses on his face.