(Chapter Thirty-Four.)

(Hermes)

“Jaycee!” I called out into the woods to find Jaycee. “Jaycee, where are you?”

I had gone to her parents’ house after getting some sleep and to eat, but her parents said she had gone out to the forest to run. That was an hour ago and I thought I would just come out to look since it was starting to get a little awkward with just being with her parents. It would be different if Jaycee was with, she knew how to lighten the tension.

I wasn’t even sure if Jaycee was still in the area though, but just in case she was I was calling out for her. I walked around a little, thinking when does come back she’ll just find me out here somehow. I was a little surprised to find out she had gone for a run, but I thought it was better than her using magic.

Errr.

I heard a growling sound from a good distance but I still heard it. My body jerked and my head snapped to the right. A good fifty feet away I saw Jaycee ripping at something. I squinted so I could can good a look as I walked over towards her and I saw it was a dead rabbit she was eating.

I grimace in disgusted even though I knew in her family it was normal. Witches and Warlocks always found wolves barbaric even though now that I got to know some, I realized they weren’t but coming from vegetarians parents finding my girlfriend as a wolf and eating raw rabbit meat kind of creeped me out.

“Hey, Jaycee.” I said as I got closer and she stopped, looking up at me. “Hey, I was looking for you for a while—whoa, relax.” I said when she snipped at me when I was only a few feet away. My eyebrows furrowed together, “Jaycee, stop that.”

She growled at me and barked, making my jump.

“Okay, is this some game?” I asked. “What did I do now?”

I reached my hand out but she bit my hand. I cried out in pain as I took a few stumbled back. I held my injured bleeding hand as I looked at it. It wasn’t so bad, I was beginning to pull away when she snipped at me and it was more like a bad scratch but blood still was coming out.

“What the hell?” I questioned as I looked at her. “What’s wrong with—Jaycee?” I questioned as I looked at her ebony eyes. Her eyes were a golden brown color usually like her father, but they were pure black now. She took a step towards me and I stepped back, “Jaycee? Is that you?”

She growled at me and I swallowed the heavy lump in my throat. I know this is an ordinary wolf, this wolf was too big but why’d it look like she wanted to rip my head off? Jaycee licked her mouth as she looked at my bloody hand and growled in the back of her throat.

She lunged at me and I stumbled back, “Jaycee, stop!”

She lunged again, this time one of her claw hands came out. I stumbled back again and I didn’t see the branch sticking out of the ground, making me falling back of my back. I quickly propped myself on my elbows and I started to stand up but she growled at me and I froze.