{Chapter Nineteen}

Carmina set the glass of water in front of both me and Jaycee and Jaycee quickly went to licking and slurping the drink. Carmina right hand came up to her chest, “Oh my, all that barking and yapping you must have been doing made you thirsty, huh?”

I narrowed my eyes on Jaycee and she paused, turning her eyes to me before they widen. She took her paws off the table, sitting back onto the chair, sitting properly on the seat.

Continue, please, she said.

Carmina sat at the table, “You would not be classed under a witch, Jaycee. Your body, your soul, it's filled with magic. You think you shift simply because you force it? No, it's magic shifting you into a wolf.”

“I don't understand though.”, I said. “I mean, I do a little but if Jaycee's family can do magic, why haven't they known all these decades?”

“Would you let the wolves know they could do magic and have them possibly use them against us?”, she asked in a very 'duh' way. “I'm risking everything by telling you both now, but since you both are mated, I thought it would be appropriate to tell you.”

“Oh.”, I said.

“It's not easy for them to use it also.”, she said. “Where to us, it comes naturally, but to Jaycee, it would take a lot of her just to do a spell even if she is a seventh. To much could even possibly kill her.”

Jaycee made a whining sound in her throat, Kill me? Oh God, this just keeps getting better.

Carmina eyes narrowed on Jaycee and she snapped her fingers, “Being in your head is weird, my dear. You're a weird girl all together. Pastel leggings weren't in the eighties to me and they aren't now. And please, wash your hair more.”

Jaycee scuffed, but then was taken back when it came out her mouth, “I'm talking!”, she said, chuckling.

“God, this is weird.”, I said.

“But yes, Jaycee, to much using magic at one time can put a lot of stress on you, both human and wolf. It could either make you stop shifting into a wolf, cause damage to your human body, and or kill you.”, she said.

“How do you know all this?”, I asked.

“Yeah, how do I know your telling the truth?”, Jaycee asked, standing up against the table by putting her paws against it. “How do I know your not just trying to freak me out? I think if my family had powers, my dad, uncles, aunt, or grandfather would have realized it by now.”

“Jaycee.”, I hissed at her to stop being to rude. If Carmina really wanted to, she could turn Jaycee into a rat. Or do something worse.

“Like I had said earlier, your mating with a witch or warlock is rare but when it does your kind will start to learn magic like your doing now but when they use it to much, all the possibilities can happen. I only seen it once, I was thirteen.”, she said. “You only been using it for a week now, you haven't done much damage. Look here, Jaycee, I could care less about you and neither help you.”

“I need to be turn back though!”, Jaycee said. “Okay, okay, I understand. Don't use magic to much or hard, but please, help me. I can't go home like this, my parents will be totally angry at me.”

“Your only worried about what your parents will do?”, she asked, leaning a little close to us.

“Will yeah, of course—no, out of my head! I can feel you in there!”, Jaycee said, scrambling back against the chair.

Carmina chuckled and straighten her back, “You don't want Hermes to have to take care of you the rest of your life like this. How cute.”

Jaycee growled at her, but stayed quiet.