{Chapter Twenty.}

“Show me a trick.”, I said to Hermes as I smiled.

He grinned, “Hold your hands up, palms facing me.”, he said and I did as he said. “This is an old spell for the childern back in the day when they got scared of the dark. I can only make it light up for a few moments, but with your strengh, it could shine probably like a star.”

He lift both his hands up and placed them against mine, “Okay, now?”

“Say 'by thee light'.”, he said. “And think of something bright, like a star or lamp bulb.”, he said.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, picturing a light bulb, bright and blinding, “By thee light.”, I said and opened them, but nothing was happening. “Why isn't working? I made the henna tattoos and the rose garden easily.”

“I helped you with all that though, I'm letting you do this on your own now.”, he said. “Just try again, what were you think when you turned yourself back to normal?”,

My face heated up and I cleared my throat, “Okay, got it.”, I said since I didn't want to tell him what I was thinking was how hot he looked when he was mad. I was saying the spell in my head but I had pictured Hermes shirtless before I had done it.

I closed my eyes and thought of him grinning so cute, it made me want to smile but I didn't, “By thee light.”, I said and I felt something warm against my hand. It felt like air brushing against the palm of my hand, soft and like a feather.

I opened my eyes and gasp. In between mine and Hermes hands was two baseball of lights floating in between out hands, “Wow.”, I said and Hermes took his hand away. I moved one of my hands and the floating ball of light followed my hand where ever I moved it.

I watch Hermes reach over and moved my bangs out of my face by tucking it behind my ear, “You doing magic is amazing, Jaycee.”

I shrugged my right shoulder shyly, “Just remember, this is killing me. Can't be doing it for two long. I can understand why the kids would use this spell, I could have used it when I first saw Insidious.”

“So much nicer then you were as a pup.”, he chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

“Sorry, but turning into a small version of myself is not something I enjoy.”, I said. I looked at the floating lights and brought my hands together slowly, making the ball bigger as they collide like two lighters. Hermes put his hands on each side of mine and brought my hands closer together until my hands touch, making the light disappear.

My eyes met Hermes for a moment before I shyly looked down at my lap, bring my hands safely on top of them. I didn't want to look in them for to long, my feelings were to strong and I didn't want to tempt myself to kiss him.

Hermes had driven into an empty playground park since I didn't want to go home just yet. I didn't feel weird being in the long silk robe, I always had to be in something loose when I could running with my family but being with Hermes made me feel really exposed. It was strange and bad. A good kind of bad feeling though I hated to admit.

I saw Hermes hand reach out and I looked up at him to see his fingers touch my cheek before his hand cupped my face, “With skin contact, it can make it easier to look into someone head for beginners. You can do what I wouldn't be able to if it wasn't my gift. Look closely into my eyes, you'll be able to hear what I'm thinking of.”, he said, making me confused but I did as he said.

I looked cloesly into his blue eyes, looking passed how beautiful they were. I pushed myself deeper, looking into his pupil. It took about a moment of looking at it cloesly before I heard so many differen't voices in my head before I realized it was one person voice, but speaking different things.