(Chapter Seventeen.)

The pup whimpered as it walked over to me, making sure not to use her right front paw. I bent down and picked it up, looking at the clothes Jaycee was wearing before looking down at the pup. “Jaycee?”, I asked and the pup whined. “What happened to you?”

She growled—which wasn't scary at all. It actually made her seem kind of cute.

I closed my eyes and got into her mind. I saw her walking down a isle of mirrors searching for me until Cody walked into view and she stopped, shocked to see him. Jaycee took a step back, “Leave me alone.”, she said and she bumped into someone.

She turned around and gasped when she saw Lucinda, “What's the matter, Jaycee?”, she asked and Jaycee took a step back as Lucinda took a step towards her. “You look kind of something.”, she said

Jaycee scuffed, “Of you? Yeah right, I aint scared of nothing.”, she said but I knew in the back of her head she knew she was scared of Lucinda little, knowing she could do anything to Jaycee.

“I never said scared of me.”, she said and Jaycee glared her for making her feel stupid.

“Move away and leave me alone. You can't do anything to do me anyways.”, she said as she walked around Lucinda but Lucinda grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

Jaycee huffed out her nose and her eyes darken as she snatched her arm back, “Don't touch me, witch.”

“Believe me, I don't like it either.”, she said, taking a step forward to get in Jaycee's face. “I wouldn't want you to give me fleas.”.

A small growl came out of Jaycee mouth and I could feel Jaycee anger, fear, humiliation, and feel intimidated by Lucinda since Jaycee knew Lucinda was strong and she could feel her magic.

“Now, I don't know what you think you could just steal Hermes from me,”, Lucinda said as she step forward toward Jaycee and Jaycee stepped back until her back hit a mirror. “I don't care if you think he's your mate, your sadly mistaken.”

“I've known he was ever since I was eleven, I think I would know if he wasn't.”, Jaycee said, her voice hard as she glared at Lucinda. “I've known Hermes longer than you, I had him first Lucinda. I was his best friend, you could never replace that.”

Lucinda filched with anger and she shivered like she was possessed, her beautiful blue eyes going hard cold, and she jerked towards Jaycee until Cody spoke, “Easy, Luce, remember you aren't like that.”

“She's tempting me, Code.”, Lucinda said.

Jaycee couldn't hold her damn tongue, “What makes you more angry, Lucinda? That Hermes is over you or that he's old enough to have the feelings for me, never even giving a second thought of getting back together with you. Even if you weren't high on black magic, he would have come back and be with me, it's fate. We were destined to be together, you two weren't. Your spirits choosed us to be together, not you to.”, she said with a smirk.

Lucinda breathed out of her mouth heavenly and grabbed Jaycees right arm. Right where her hand was, it was like a hot iron was touching her or she had touched a stove.

Jaycee screamed in pain and pushed Lucinda away, “Ah! No, get away from me!”, she yelled as she brought her arm up to see a hot red hand print where Lucinda hand was. She had burnt and breathed cold air onto the burn, but it didn't work. She was hissing in pain.

She looked at the bracelet and cursed how it didn’t work if Lucinda physically touched her.

Lucinda stepped forward again and reached out, putting her hand around the braclete, “No, don't take it—please, don't!” she said when Lucinda ripped the bracelet off her.