(Chapter Six.)

(Hermes)

Tony got up to turn in his surprise quiz about in to the teacher and when he handed it to the teacher, Mrs. Romey looked up at him and gave an annoyed look, “Mr Benish, this paper is completely blank, only your name on it.”, she said.

“What?”, Tony gasped, taking the paper back. “No, impossible—Mrs Romey, I swear—“

She shook her head, “Just go back to your seat and do it. It's very simple, should only take you ten minutes to complete.”.

He groaned and turned around, going back to his chair and throw himself down on his chair, quickly working on the answer yourself problems. I was wondering—am I ever going to get bored doing this? I'll probably leave Tony and his meathead jocks alone soon. I wonder if he ever had such pity on me in elementary, of course he had other poor souls to torture, but I wonder if a bully ever does get bored messing with other people.

Five minutes later, class ended, but Tony had to stay to finish his work. I packed myself up and left the classroom, going over to my locker. I paused and looked down the hall, seeing if I could someone how ditch Jaycee. After kissing her, I don't know if I could be around her. I have never kissed a girl like her.

I thought it was cute and innocent of her to have never kissed anyone and I took pity on her, but it was a dangerous step.

I closed my locker and trying not to make myself look obvious, I hurried down the hallway and down the pair of steps. When I got to the bottom, I felt safe and I walked normally before a teacher catches me. I grinned, knowing I was going to get away with it.

My grin dropped when I saw Jaycee at the school entrance and she turned, seeing me. A small smile appeared on her face and she waved for me to hurry up.

Damnit, I thought as I walked over to her. I'll just make something up, yeah I'll just do that.

“Hey,”, she said, nervously playing at the end of her side braid, twirling her dark hair around her finger.

I cleared my throat and scratched behind my neck, “Look, Jaycee, I just suddenly remembered I have to do something for my mom after school. She still got a few boxes to unpack and—“,

She crossed her arms over her chest and her nose staring to flaring, making her look kind of cute. Stop it!, I thought. She isn't cute, she's annoying.

“Your lying.”, she said.

I scuffed and innocently smiled, “I am not, I'm being serious.”.

She shook her head, “No your not. I have a little brother and tons of cousin, I know when lying when I see it. You scratched behind your neck, a sign.”.

My eyes widen for a second, “Whatever. I just can't go.”.

“Give me a real reason then.”, she said, lifting her chin up in a challenge.

“I...”, I didn't know what to say. I guess the truth, “I can't be around you.”.

“Why not?”, she asked, her nose flaring again and I just wanted to chuckle.

I brought my hand up to the back of my neck, “Made plans already.”.

“Lair!”, she said and I groaned, bring my hand down. “Look, Hermes, I'm not going to kidnap you or anything. I just want to be friends....like the old times.”.

I chuckled, “Not after I kissed you.”, I said, walking away and out of the school building and she followed me.

“Of course we can.”, she said. “Many guy and girl friends kiss, you were merely just doing me a favor.”, she said, coming up beside me.