(Chapter Twenty-Nine)

I knocked on Hermes door and straighten my back up. I know this is going to be worse then last week. I can just feel it. Hermes mom trying to act nice? I should be happy her trying to fake like me tonight but she's only doing it so she can keep her witchy claws on him. She may be beautiful but I know she can be deadly.

The door opened and the wicked witch answered. She gave him a stiff smile, ''Jaycee, glad you could make it.''

I gave her a forced smile back, ''You're welcome.''

Her right eye twitched while she chuckled, stepping aside to let me in. I came in and Hermes joined next to me. His mom closed the door, ''So Jaycee, tell me about yourself.''

''I'm a Russo.'' I said and Hermes pinched my arm. I growled at him and rub where he pinch me. ''Well, I like reading. I like listen to different countries music like Russian, Turkish, Hungarian, and Spanish, anything different. I'm Italian Polish and Scottish. Um, nothing else. I have a pretty boring life you'll be surprised.''

''Did I hear someone say she likes books?" Hermes dad asked as he came in.

''Oh no.'' Hermes said, chuckling. ''My dad loves book, his office is filled with them.''

''What do you like to read?" he asked.

''Classic, paranormal, young adult, adult like Dan Brown. Anything but Nora Roberts or authors like her. I love a good historical novel, anything in ancient Rome or Greece.'' I said.

Hermes dad pushed his glasses up his nose, closer to his eyes, ''Hermes, you never said she was smarter than you.''

''Haha.'' Hermes sarcastically said.

''Got a book warm as a girlfriend.'' he said. ''You're mother use to dress like her.''

''Well, I did rock my leggings back in the day,'' she said as she walked into the dinning room when I looked down at my black leggings with crosses on them. Thought maybe she'll find me less evil that I didn't burn in the sight of it.

I took my beanie off when Hermes grabbed my arm and dragged me into the dinning room where I so don't want to be. His brother and sister joined us downstairs and their money handed us filled plate.

Now I know how Hermes is so skinny. His mom a health freak because she gave me a plate of salad filled with different types of veggies, nuts, berries, and something I think fish. So I left my mom at home where she could be making a steak for me? I'm a wolf, not a rabbit.  

I forces a smile and thanked you.

I smelled Hermes damn cat and he moved his body against my foot. We heard him hiss and I almost kicked the feline. Sage jumped on Hermes lap and onto the TV. Hermes sister feed him a piece of fish meat and no one stopped her.

And it was like the cat expected everyone to share with him. When he got to me, I raised an eyebrow and shook my head. He raised his right claw and hissed at me before jumping off and leaving the room. I was no slave to a bloody feline.

''So Jaycee, you were Hermes friend in school when he was younger. Did you know your relationship would be like?" his dad asked.

''Oh, uh, no actually. I didn't get why Hermes was special to me. My family doesn't tell us what we our until they feel like we're old enough to understand and keep the secret. It was only after you guys left my dad told me. I didn't have any friends before Hermes though because I was a bit of tomboy and the girls never liked me.'' I told him. ''I was alone after he left. I wasn't even a wolf yet and it was heart breaking.''

I ate some of the salad and the seasoning in the salad was a little spicy. It actually made it good. ''Oh, well we're back.'' his dad smiled and I smiled back.