(Chapter Twenty-One)

My mom tried to act like she had been reading the whole time as we walked into the house and faked a surprised look as she set her book down and smiled. She set the book down and got up, bring her hand up to her mouth, “Oh, my God, Hermes! Look how tall you've gotten!”, she said since she had to look up at him.

“Yeeaaahh, Mrs Russo.”, he said awkwardly.

“It's Abigail, Hermes.”, she said, smiling bigger. “Soooo, I've been excited to see you ever since Jaycee told me you came back.”

My dad went over to Hermes side and put his hand on his shoulder, dragging him over to the recliner, and forced him down on the it. My dad looked at me and wiggled his finger and pointed at the love seat. My bit my lower lip as I looked down at the carpet as I walked over and if I was in my wolf form, my tail would be in between my legs.

I know this is not going to be well.

“Jaycee, care to share us something?”, my dad asked.

“Scott, I'm confused.”, my mom said, going next to my mom side and look at the both of us. “What's wrong?”

“Jaycee needs to tell us something.”, my dad said as he crossed his arms over his chest. “Jaycee Carlina, explain.”

Oh shit, shit got real now that he used my middle name, I said and hesitated as I turned to look into the kitchen. After gaining some courage, I sighed and looked back up at my dad, “Hermes is. . .different.”, I said and both my parents gave me a confused look. “He's. . .a. . .witch—well, warlock.”, I said, then chuckled, “That's what they call the male witches.”

I sucked in my lips and gave a painful look as their eyes and mouth dropped at the same thing. My father eyes looked like they had seen a ghost and he looked kind of pale. I got scared when he turned to Hermes and I was ready to see that big brown wolf of my dad wreck the living room as he transformed. He just held his arm up towards the door, “Get the hell out of my house.”, he said.

“Dad, wait—”, I started but he cut me off.

“Stay out of this Jaycee.”, my dad said, not taking his eyes off Hermes who looked pretty calm. “I knew there was something weird about his parents and why they were looking at me those years ago when we met. Why are you still even here?”, my dad growled at Hermes. “Get out!”

“Dad, stop!”, I said as I got up from the love seat and my dad head turned to me, making me almost cower down on the seat because I could feel the alpha part of him. “Look, I know it sounds crazy, but it's true.”

“Your delusional, Jaycee.”, my dad said. “This—this witch cast some spell in your head to make you think you to are! He's playing with your emotions and I wont let this scum do that.”

“Hey!”, Hermes said, clearly offend.

“Scott, maybe we should let Jaycee explain some more.”, my mom said, but she was clearly freaked out because it was written on her face.

“What is there to explain?”, my dad asked, scuffing. “Werewolves and witches don't mate, Abigail, it's impossible.”

“Actually it isn't, dad.”, I said, then sighed. “It does happen, it's rare, but it does.”

“If it does, then why haven't we ever heard about it? Huh?”, he asked, his voice getting hard.

“Because of the same reason what your doing now!”, I said. “It's unacceptable, we hate each other but you don't understand that we're more alike then you think.”

“Don't compare us to that demon.”, my dad said, pointing at Hermes. “His kind is what made us like this, we're not even considered human anymore after fourteen!”