(Extra.)

Seven Years Later.

(Hermes)

My daughter Dovie and I stared at each other for a moment. I gave her a look, daring her, and she mocked me. Then with her mind she flipped the card around and I cried in shock, “What!”

She chuckled, squealing excitedly, “I win again!”

“What had we talked about young lady?” I asked, making her look confused. “We agreed no magic to cheat.”

She scoffed, “I did not cheat daddy. I’m five.”

“You’re different though. Honest you didn’t cheat? Don’t lie to me young lady.” I said.

“I didn’t cheat, you just suck at this game.” she said. She ran her hands threw her light blonde hair, smiling in victory, “Wanna play again?”

“I taught you to play this game way to well.” I said, shaking my head. I grinned, taking the cards and flipping them. Jaycee walked out of the kitchen and sat the table, eating her sandwich.

“Who’s winning?” she asked.

“Me!” Dovie yelled excitedly.

We started playing again and after a moment, my five year old daughter was beating me already. How can she be this smart? Oh right, because she is unique. Just like my son is that’s growing in Jaycee’s belly.

“Dovie, you’re starting kindergarten tomorrow.” I said. “Are you excited?”

She nodded, “Yes. I’m looking forward to it.”

“You remember what we talked about.” Jaycee said. “No magic, we have to keep it a secret. No talking about wolves or talking to ghost.”

“Well if they didn’t want to be noticed, they wouldn’t be there right?” she asked.

“Right, but some people won’t understand how special you are.” I said. “You understand how important this is.”

She nodded, “I know, daddy.”

“Good.” Jaycee said.

(Jaycee)

I sighed, putting my tablet down, “There was a problem apparently with a wolf name Ray and a Warlock name Aulton. I can’t stand how they always think I should figure out to solve this problem.”

Hermes got up from the kitchen table and walked over to me, “They don’t know who else to give it to.”

“Give it to the pack leader, not me.” I said, breathing heavily out from my nose. “I mean, I’m eight months pregnant. Taking care of their situation is least of my problems.”

“They come to you because they feel you understand better. You’re neutral to taking either side.” he said, sitting down next to me.

“How many years have it been though?” I asked. “Most are learning to live with each other in peace, but there are still the ones who won’t give it a chance. I didn’t think it would still be going on.” I said, looking at him. “Was a good idea to try and bring us together? We could have just kept who we both truly were from both sides. Other couples could do it. Why not us?”

“The world is different these days. It’s hard to change traditions, but it’s gonna happen.” he said. “Each side has grown to understand each other better. I know it’s not as exciting as it was in the beginning, but it’s happening. We can’t turn back now, it’s too late. It’s gonna get better.”

I rubbed my stomach, “I just wish it would happen now, so no one would look at Dovie or Theron differently. I hate Dovie being called a mutt. She’s is amazing.”

“Most of us know that.” he said. “Dovie is amazing. She’s incredibly smart just for her age and she has amazing talents. She may look like me, Jaycee but we know she’s allot like your family. Confident, strong, and very proud of who she is. We knew when she was born she was going to be seen different.”

“You know people can be hurtful though.” I said. “Wicca, wolf, or human. Humans won’t tell her from any other, but our kinds? Some of cousins wouldn’t even let her play with their children. As if she had some disease.”

“Dovie will be fine and so will Theron.” he said. “Dovie is a happy girl no matter what. Who loves her now is all she needs. It’s gonna be hard, but not impossible.”

I stared at him and he smiled down at me. I couldn’t help but smile back. I hugged him, pecking him, “You’re right probably.”

He reached up and pulled my hair out of my face, “Even look at where we are now. Before I would have thought it was crazy to think I would be with a wolf, but I couldn’t imagine my life without you.”

“Mommy, daddy.” we heard from the top of the steps and we turned to look up them to see Dovie awake. She was supposed to be asleep for her first day of school tomorrow.

She walked down the stairs and over to us, “What are you doing up little lady?” Hermes asked as she climbed up onto his lap.

“I’m nervous about tomorrow.” she said. “What if no one likes me?”

“You’re the most likeable person on the world, of course someone will like you.” I said.

“I’m still scared.” she said, pulling the strains of her long blonde hair. “I don’t wanna think about tomorrow. Tell me a story.”

“Of?” Hermes questioned.

“Hmmm.” she said, pursing her lips. “Tell me about how you two meet.”

Hermes and I started chuckled before we told her about how we meet.

“We meet in school. Third grade.”

Her eyes widen, “So I’m going to meet a special someone soon? Ew, boys are gross!”

I chuckled and Hermes chuckled, but humorlessly, “That’s less likely to happen so young again for you, Dovie. Remember, boys are yucky and daddy the only man you need for right now.” I patted his shoulders and placed my head on his shoulder, chuckling at them. I love my family.

So if you guys hadn't noticed. This is the last book in the Russo Series. *Cry a little because it's actually over* I remember starting My Muted Mate and didn't think it would go this far. I have thought about writing a new series, but have it involded in the same world. I haven't thought of the series name, but the first book is A New Dawn. It sets in the same world, but a different time period and all new characters. Go check it out. I don't think it will be a long series, maybe only two books. Like always, it's told in two POV but mostly revoles around the lead male Cas.