(Chapter Twelve.)

I read the direction of what the facemask told me to do. I dampen my face a little and squeeze the really thick paste onto my hand. "Ew,", I grinned, chuckling. The facemask smelled just like tooth paste. I hesitated, but put the paste on my face, chuckling how weird it felt.

I pulled away and rubbed the paste between my finger, "'Oh here comes the green monster!'", I said, making voice lower and deeper like a man before I rubbed some on my forehead. "'Get her before she destroy everything!'", I joked, giggling.

"What on earth are you doing?", I heard Jace's voice, making me jump, turning around to glare at him.

Using my clean hand, I grabbed the door, "Get out of here, runt-"

"This guy must really be your mate if your trying a facemask. I mean, finally your attempting to do something to fix your face.", he said and I growled at him, reaching out to grab him, but he dunked and I chase off him downstairs.

"Shut up-gottca!" I said when I grabbed Jace's shirt, but with the hand that had the facemask paste.

"Ugh, Jacyee!", Jace said, through my hand off his shirt.

"Jaycee!", my mother said as she walked into the dinning room and put her hand on her waist. She looked at my hand and Jace's shirt before sighing and shaking her head, "Just go clean your face off, we have company.", she said and a girl came in behind my mother.

My hand let go of Jace's shirt when my eyes widen slightly when I recognize her. How could I? She walked next to my mom, grinned, and waved her fingers at me.

"You didn't tell me you made a new friend.", she said, turning to Lucinda. "I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name.".

"Lucinda.", she said. "And we just recently started hanging out, I thought I would surprise Jaycee by coming over, having some fun. Nice choice of face cream, Jaycee, always nice to pamper yourself when you want.".

Jace snorted, "She hardly does this.", he said, giving Lucinda admiring eyes and looked like a drooling puppy, making me hit the back of his head, luckily with the hand that had the paste.

"Opps,", I sarcastically said. "You should go wash your hair before it dries up or dad might have to cute your stupid hair.", I said to scare him cause the paste will come out even if it did dry.

"Brat.", he growled at me before going into the kitchen.

"Runt.", I said.

I face heated up though when I remember I still had the facemask on my face that was beginning to try on my face and my hand. I coughed to clear my throat, feeling really awkward to have Lucinda in my house and not only that, she was lying to my mother.

"Right.", I said so I wouldn't have to force myself to lie to mother or worse, tell her the truth. "Lets go up to my room.".

"Great.", she said and followed me behind, but I felt goose bumps going up my arm.

I showed her my mom and excused myself to go take the mask off, which made her nodded. I was kind of hesitate to leave her alone...in my room. I went into the bathroom and washed my face and hands.

What is she doing here?, I thought to myself, having this bad feeling in my guts. I looked up at the mirror and took my hair out of the ponytail, my long dark hair cascading over my shoulders. So Hermes ex is my bedroom, hopefully not putting some witchy curse and doesn't know my family secret. She isn't here to hurt me, right? Hermes said she couldn't hurt me if I wore the barcelt, but could she hurt my family? Is that why she's here?