(Chapter Thirty-Seven.)

I gave Jessica and Louis a small smile as I walked over to them. Jessica gave me a curious look since the last few days I have been ignoring them and Louis closed his book in his hands, crossing his arms over his chest. I felt bad for ignoring them, but I had to detox and I would just end up saying hurtful things. Even though I’m not completely healed from the darkness, I’m well enough to go back to school and a little makeup helped to make me look back to normal. I missed my best friends though, it feels like forever. They were the only things I had close to normal now and I just needed old fashion human normal.

“Hey.” I said cheerfully at them. “I’ve missed you both.”

“So she does know how to use that organ in her mouth.” Louis said.

I gave him a look of whatever before grinning, “You both know I love you. I’ve just been dealing with some things lately.”

“Oh, being secretive again?” Jessica asked. “You haven’t been this distant since after you turned fourteen for a couple of weeks.”

“I know, I know.” I said, sighing heavily. “There has been some family stuff and I—I’ve been doing some things I shouldn’t. I’m fine though! Before you start freaking out.”

“Doing things?” Louis asked. He took in a sharp breath, “Have you been doing drugs?”

“No, no…I uh, well—yes, been busy paranoid with school stuff and I’ve been taking Adderall. I know, stupid of me. I’m not anymore though, I’ve learn to control myself.” I said.

“Really?” Jessica asked. “Because the way you seemed before, it seemed so much worse than Adderall. It—I’m sorry to say this but you may not have looked like it, but you seemed like you were on heroin on something. I was so worried, Jaycee.”

Well, I might have been since black magic is serious stuff. It can be addicting as realize now. I almost lost Hermes because of it and I should never want to pick something over my mate. Thank God it didn’t get any worse, I might have lost everything. I have to be careful and that means so does Hermes because if he does magic in front of me, it’ll be like a trigger and I’ll end up doing something. Being around my family though, it was like their strength helped me get through it.

“Guys, I’m sorry.” I said. “I know I’ve been a crappy friend lately and I know I’ve been spending more time with Hermes,” they both snorted when I mentioned him. I knew they were a little upset I’ve been hanging out with him more. I felt bad, but I can’t help it. “But I want to spend more time with each other. I still love you both very much. You two are still my best friends, you know.”

“So pretty boy hasn’t stolen you away completely?” Louis asked and I shook my head. “Well, who will be the third musketeer if you weren’t in?”

I smiled and hugged him tightly, “You’re so awesome.”

“Well one of us had to have such a soft heart.” Jessica said when we pulled apart. “You can get a hug to if you promise to come over this weekend to watch the shows you’ve been missing on.” I smiled at her and nodding, hugging her tightly.

“Both of you guys are awesome.” I said. I felt their love coming from them and I was so glad to have such awesome friends. I felt like a crappy friend since everything with the witches been coming up, but I haven’t seen or heard from Carmina in two weeks. I know we just didn’t get rid of her, she’s still around. I just have to wait for her to come and—I don’t know really. I have a feeling talking to her isn’t going to work.

I looked down the hall as I hugged Jessica to see Hermes at his locker. He turned his head to look my way and I smiled at him. He grinned back, knowing I was making peace with the people I loved.