(Chapter Thirty.)

''They aren't coming,'' Hermes said as he sat down next to me. ''I told you not to get your hopes up to high Jaycee.''

''Cody working on it I'm sure.'' I said as he took my hand.

''No, no this was all just to mess with us. It's seven o'clock Jaycee,'' he said as he looked at me. ''They aren't coming, we should get going.''

''Maybe he's right Jaycee.'' my dad said and I frowned.

''But Cody sounded so serious though.'' I said.

''They know how to manipulate people.'' he said. I looked away and frowned. So this was to good to be true and I'm going to get Cody back for this. ''Maybe Cody got cold feet and decided to go against it. Lucinda is pretty wicked.''

''It would have been easy though.'' I said.

''I'll give you to a moment.'' my dad said as he turned, fixing his jacket as he left.

''Hermes, they're staying at a hotel. We can go there and--''

''And what? Have a witch combat in the lobby?" he asked and I glared at him. He cupped my face with one of his hand on my cheek, ''Look, I know how badly you wanted this but it's okay.''

''It's not fair,'' I said and he chuckled.

''Do you just like getting yourself in risky situations?" he asked. ''I know you want her gone, but we'll figure out.'' he said as he kissed my forehead. ''I love you, Jaycee.''

I smiled, feeling all the disappointment leave my body, ''Really? That's the first time you said it.''

He grinned as he put his arm around me, ''I've wanted to wait for a special moment like in a cheesy movies, but now better then later.''

''You don't know how long I've wait to hear you say that. Of course I imagined it by the lake a few times, but now still perfect.'' I said, babbling nervously. ''I love you to, Hermes.''

He leaned in towards me and I closed my eyes, but the kiss never came. I felt Hermes hand wrapped around my  throat and my eyes widen, staring back at his widen as I reached up to get him to let go.

''How sweet.'' I heard Lucinda and my eyes moved to my right to see her walking threw the gates. I breathed in sharply when I saw her hand holding out towards my dad. He had his hands around his throat as if he was trying to move something. ''God, I'm so over this romance bullshit.''

''Stop it!" my dad breathed out and then gasped as he fell down on his knees, the invisible object tighten around his throat.

''Lucinda!" I managed go say. ''Let my dad go.''

Lucinda looked pale, her blonde hair looked frizzy, and her blue eyes were hard, ''You know, I could never really stand you wolves. I think I know a little spell in my black book to maybe get rid of that.''

My eyes widen, ''No.'' I breathed out and Hermes hands tighten, ''Ah! Stop it! Where is Cody?''

''My traitor brother is no concern to you anymore.'' she said and I was confused. What does that mean? I stopped imaging what she could mean and focused on her controlling Hermes. I didn't know any spell to stop him but the block spell, but I,m sure that only works on his mind.

I gave it a try though as I brought my hands up to his wrist, closing my eyes as I said the protection spell. His hand squeezed hard and I couldn't feel any air, ''Hermes!" I yelled and yelled the spell this time strongly. His hand unhooked around my throat and I fell off the bench to my side, gasping in air.

''Jaycee!" Hermes cried, coming down next to me. ''I'm so sorry, she was making me.''

I heard Lucinda scoff, ''So it's true! You damn wolves do have magic!" she coldly said. ''More the reason to get rid of you all!''