(Chapter Twenty-Eight)

"I'll get her to the old Compton manor yard, you just need to be ready.'' Cody said, ''Practice this spell for the next two days. Practice it in the morning, study hall, dinner, every moment you can. You need to make sure you mesmerize this spell or it won't work. Even I would have to have to practice.''

''No pressure.'' I said sarcastically.

''This is serious, Jaycee.'' Cody said.

''What if it doesn't work?" I asked.

''Then we have one pissed off black magic witch.'' he said. He tapped the piece of old paper, ''This spell is over seven hundred years old, it'll work.''

I took a deep breath and took it. It seemed normal in my hands, but after a few second it seemed as if paper after paper was adding on to the weight. ''So, this is suppose to drain the darkness out of her?"

''And a little bit of her light.'' he said.

''And all of this will get put into her.'' Hermes said, snatching it from me and I huffed.

''I don't know that, there could be a chance.'' he said. ''Or the black magic will effect her. But Jaycee should be fine, she's strong. She will only do this once, she'll be fine.''

''I'll be fine.'' I said, not wanting to give out to Cody who will also be doing this. Doing half the job won't make me crazy. . .I hope, ''I just have to remember my Latin lessons I took.'' I sarcastically said since the spell was in Latin. It wasn't very long, but it still freaked me out.

''You just have to say them, not know what they mean.'' he said. ''Hermes will help you--shit, I should be getting back.'' he said when he looked at the clock. ''Compton manor in the yard at six o'clock this Saturday.''

Hermes and I watched Cody leave. I took the paper back and sighed, ''Yeah, no pressure.'' I said.

*

I guess I knew my dad would avoid it when I came home. I kept giving him looks like 'yeah, I know' but I didn't want to come out and say it at dinner.

Dad cut a piece of his steak and brought it to his mouth. He groaned half way chewing, ''What Jaycee?" he asked, not looking at me from his plate.

''Hermes told me about your little talk.'' I said and he set his fork down, looking up at me.

''Great, its all settled.'' he said.

''Settled?" my mom questioned. ''Scott, Jaycee, what's going on?"

''Nothing.'' we both said and she scoffed.

''Scott Elliot Russo!'' my mom said and he groaned again.

''So Hermes has a little ex girlfriend problem.'' he said, shrugging as if it was nothing. ''He wanted some help getting rid of her. She's apparently a little crazy. . .in his words addicted to black magic.''

My mom eyes widen and she turned to Jace, ''Jace, upstairs.''

''What?" he asked loudly. He shook his head, ''No! I wanna see Jaycee get in trouble.''

She gave him a little, ''One--''

''Oh come on, mom, I'm 13, that doesn't scare me anymore.'' he snorted.

''Two, Jace Richard Russo, don't make me get to three.'' she warned him and he sighed, getting and went upstairs. She pushed her plate away, ''Now, explain.''

''It's nothing.'' my dad said, not looking at her but his bread roll. ''Jaycee and I just need to do a little spell to drive out the craziness.''

''Since no one believes I can handle it myself.'' I said.