{Chapter Eighteen}

I woke up to something moving next to me. I jerked awake but realized it was Jaycee who had moved. I propped myself on my elbows and looked at the blanket that was rolled up on the floor where she had been last night but she had ended up next to me now.

She was sleeping right next to my waist, her arms and legs stretched out. She was making some purring sounds in her sleep and her little nose moved softly as she breathed. I could only wonder if she was this cute as a human in her sleep.

I reached over and poked her side, making her growl a little in her sleep and she turned on her side, going back to sleep. I couldn't help but smile and poked her stomach. This time, she woke up and she quickly sprang us.

She started yapping and I panicked, reaching up and putting my hand over her mouth, “Jaycee, be quiet!”, I said and she huffed out her nose. “What's the matter?”, I asked, looking into her eyes and into her mind.

You almost touched my lady part, perv!, she yelled in her head, making my eyebrows furrowed together in confusion.

“What? No I didn't, I poked your stomach.”, I said.

Real close to my privet, jerk! I should call the police on you!, she said, huffing out her nose again when I let go of her mouth.

“Yeah, go ahead to the police and let them listen to your yapping mouth.”, I sarcastically said and she growled. “Look, I didn't mean to touch you so close, but what are you doing so close to me. You were suppose to stay on the floor.”

I was. . .I got scared, she said and I rolled my eyes. Look, I wanted to be on a bed, not a hard floor! You moved closer to me, so shut up. I'm like this because of you, why would I want to be in the same bed as you? Now take me outside, I have to pee.

*

Roll the window down!, Jaycee ordered and I scuffed, mumbling how my breath how bossy and short tempered she was being. I rolled the window down as I drove on the highway over the bridge. Jaycee put her paws on the window and let her head air, looking around. Oh wow, I never knew how fun this could be.

“Jaycee, stick your head back in now, people are looking at you.”, I said, awkwardly trying to hide my face as some people stared at the puppy sticking her head out the car.

No, I'm having fun! I can understand why dogs do this, she said, sticking her tongue out.

After a few more minute, I was growing impatient and I reached over, grabbing her by her fur, and pulled her back in. She nipped at my hand but stayed down on the seat as I rolled the window up. Fine, party pooper. How much longer?

“Uh, according to my phone,” I said as I picked up my phone to check. “Forty more minutes.”

Ugh! How do you even know this Carmina?, she asked, chewing at her nails.

“She's the highest generation witch in Vermont. Older then Luce, a nine generationer.”, I said. “I have actually never met her, but I heard a lot of witches and warlock go to her in help. Of course there is a price, but they're always different. Believe it or not, she is seventy four but I heard she looks like she's twenty-four still. Probably magic keeping her at appearance, but with her powers I bet she only has to cast the spell once a year.”

Wow, she sounds vain, Jaycee said.

“I suggest keeping your temper to yourself or actually, just not think at all because she will be able to hear you, it wouldn't be good if she heard you.”, I said. “If you think Luce is scary, Carmina will be a nightmare. She may be light, but with her generation, she can act very dark and lose her temper also. We don't need something else happening to you.”