(Chapter Twenty-Six.)

“Have you lost your mind?”, Hermes asked coldly as we walked to my house.

I scuffed, “Hermes, I believe Cody. If there's a way to get Lucinda to leave, I'm going to do it.”

“Without talking to me first?”, he asked.

“It's my magic, Hermes. I have to do this so we can be happy.”, I said.

“You're so naïve.”, he said and I glared up at him. “Lucinda and Cody are pathological liars, you can't believe anything they say.”

“Cody looked serious though.”, I said, grabbing his arm to make him stopped and he turned to me. “He's really worried about his sister. I'll do the spell and she'll leave, isn't that what you want? I can do it and yet you don't want me to?”

“Cody spell is stronger and powerful. You're nose starts to bleed after three simple baby spells. God knows what this well do—being black magic to.”, he said, snorting. “Why wont I let you do this? Because I wont let it happen so it's no. We'll find another way.”

“Hermes, please.”, I said, giving him a begging look. “Lucinda not going to leave unless I do this. I'll save my energy up and wont do it another thing for a long time after. I know it's dangerous, but I'm willing to do it for us.”

He stared down at me for only four seconds before snorting, “Don't do that, don't make me feel bad.”, he said, reaching up and hitting me on my forehead with his index finger, “You are so naive, Jaycee. Don't trust either of them. They're. Both. Bad. News.”

I slapped his hand away, “I'm not a child and I know when people are lying or not.”

“I wont let you risk you're life because of me.”, he said, snorting again. “But how do I not know you're not just going to lie to me and do it anyways? I wont be there to protect you.”

“Because I'm a big girl.”, I said and he rolled his eyes, pinched the bridge of his nose as he closed his eyes, and sighed.

“Don't do it.”, he said. “I would drag you home, hand you off to your father, and have him lock you up. You're not doing this, you could die from it Jaycee.”

“I'll save up my energy.”, I said.

“And if it doesn't work?”, he asked, raising a blonde eyebrow. “You wasted your time—literally.”

I pouted my lower lip and like a child, I stomped my foot against the ground with a cry behind my mouth like a tantrum spoiled child. I hated when being told 'no', it pissed me off. I want to do this, but I don't want to do it without Hermes support. I can't let my parents find out I'm dealing with witch drama. . .I'll be grounded forever.

Nothing worse then a pissed off wolf daddy.

Hermes took his hands out of his pocket and placed both hands on both sides of my head, “Look, I'm handling it Jaycee.”

“Not very good apparently.”, I couldn't help but said with a scuff. “They're still here.”

He narrowed his eyes on me with a glare, but quickly change it to a more calm look, “I'm working on it.”

“She could change me into a pup again! Or give me another case of fleas! What has she done to you? Just stalk you're mind.” I said, my voice hard because I was getting annoyed with Hermes now. Why wont he let me do this? It could work, I actually trust Cody. He may be Lucinda's brother, but it's obvious he's very different from his wild twin sister.

A smirk appeared on Hermes face and my eyebrows furrowed together because it didn't understand why he was smirking and it pissed me off me, “You're cute when you're mad.”