(Chapter Fifteen.)

I didn’t know what I planned when I walked into the hallway of my school when I went to go find Lucinda. I was hoping to grab her by her perfect long blonde hair, grab a pair of scissors, and cut it all off. What would you do if had caught a fleas and had your mother pick the ticks out—which I may add is more painful than it sounds.

                I went up to her locker though and pulled her away from it, slamming it close, grabbing some attention around. I gave them all looks to mind their business and they did. Lucinda just grinned, “Jaycee, what is it?”, she asked so innocently.

                “Quit it.”, I said. “I know what your doing, Lucinda”

                She reached up and rubbed my arm, “You couldn’t keep it a secret for to long, pup.”, she said and it wasn’t much of a surprise to me that she knows. If one touch could make Hermes find out, what makes her any different? “How’d you enjoy you bath last night? I see your not scratching your head anymore.”.

                “Leave me alone.”, I warned, my voice hard. “And leave my friends alone, they didn’t do anything to you and neither have I.”

                She gave me a dangerous look only a witch could look to make goose bumps go up my arm, “I want Hermes back.”, she said

                I pressed my lips angrily together and held my tongue before I could say all the things I want to say, “Lay off the black magic.”, I said, walking passed her, making my shoulder bump into hers as I did.

                I felt a rush of cold hair blowing my hair forward and I turned my head around, her blue eyes star back at me dangerously, giving me a warning look but said nothing. I turned my head back around and continued over to my class—with her brother.

                . . .

                After school, Hermes had dragged me up across town where the other part of the woods are. I was very confused cause he wouldn’t tell me and it made me a little nervous. We came up to an hold house—much of Nash houses are hold, but this one looked like it should be torn down. No one lived in there, it had been up for sell for the last eight years.

                Hermes dragged me to the back of the house and opened the long wooden gate, that’s when I finally asked him, “What are we doing here?”, I asked, hesitantly stepping through the gate. I stepped back out and brought one of my hands up to my mouth to chew on my nails.

                I felt something—something like as if there was someone standing behind me, making the hair on the back of my neck stand. It was a scary feeing, but it sure made me nervous.

                “No.”, I said, feeling some kind of vib. I wasn’t sure if it was good or not.

                Hermes reached out and grabbed my arm, snatching me in, “It’s alright.”, he said.