Part 130

Iris: go excadrill! (Sends out excadrill)

Cynthia: come forth from the seas, gastrodon!

(They both send out their Pokémon as excadrill and gastrodon will face off first)

Rotom phone: gastrodon, the sea slug Pokémon, a water/ground type. Although gastrodon has a flexible body it's tough allowing it to endure sharp blows

Rotom phone: excadrill, the subterrene Pokémon, a ground/steel type. It is also called the drill king . Excadrill can dig through the ground at over 90 miles per hour.

Ash: you know, Iris raised that excardill from way back when it was still a drilbur. Man, time can sure fly.

Hop: huh?! You know her too?!

Goh: Ash knows Iris because they travelled through Unova together. He also knows Cynthia really well.

Hop: what's with you knowing everybody Ash?!

James: it's excitement turned up to ten!

Jessie: it's softy vs hard as nails! 

Meowth: the fun never fails!

(The phone turns off as we see their rotor phone is asleep)

James: this is nit nap time!

Meowth: over there!

Jessie: over where?

Meowth: on the field! I recognise that frilly girl

James: me too, it's the Unova twerpette

Jessie: and dressed to the nines

Wobbufett: Wobbu!

(We see Hangry morpeko eating)

(In the area with the other champions)

Diantha: if Iris is a dragon type trainer then why...

Leon: did she bring out excadrill? (Diantha nods)

Steven: I heard she actually trained with Cynthia at one point.

Leon: meaning they know each other's cards. It could very well be the changing of the guard, this should be interesting.

(Iris is ready as Cynthia smiles)

Announcer: gastrodon vs excadrill? What kind of strategies are in store?

Referee: let the battle begin!

Cynthia: gastrodon rain dance. 

(Gastrodon uses rain descends as rain clouds are summoned and it starts raining)

Announcer: it's starting to rain so water type moves will get stronger.

Iris: excadrill use metal claw!

(Excadrill rushes in with metal claw)

Announcer: running through the rain it's using metal claw!

Cynthia: gastrodon, handle it.

(Excadrill lands the metal claw as gastrodon takes it)

Announcer: a direct hit! (Gastrodon bounces excadrill away) no it bounces backwards! (We see excadrill land)

Cynthia: your moves are even sharper than before

Iris: that's because of everything you've shown me Cynthia.

(We see the time Iris and her axew went against Cynthia and her garchomp)

Iris: I simply did what you taught me to do and now it's become part of our strength (we see Drayden is watching as we also see Trip, former champion Alder, Bianca, Stephen and Georgia) it's the connection that made us champions and so I, as the Unova region champion, on this day I will defeat you! (Excadrill is even more ready)