3| mabuhay

" I love you and that's the beginning and end of everything." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

**

JESSICA DAVIS

She thought about the Santes' offer again and again until she decided to take it.

Ofcourse she had to confide in Tessa and her twin about where she was going and let's just say it hadn't gone well with Mars.

'What do you mean you won a vacation?'

'Red, do you know how many ads I see in a day telling me I've won a car or a house out of nowhere?'

'I won't tell dad but this is crazy. Wait for me, we'll talk about this don't just leave without thinking about things'

'Are you shitting me right now? What do you mean you are already on your way?'

'I don't care if they sent a jet to take you there, stay where you are, I'll get you. Red...'

And that was pretty much how it went down with her brother. The problem with Mars was that he thought just because he was a few seconds older, he was wiser than Jessica.

She had made her mind, she didn't care whether her dad would get mad once he found out and she certainly didn't care if Mars got mad at her for eternity.

Sixteen hours later of clear skies, white as snow clouds and two maybe three glasses of champagne and she was landing on the helipad of an exquisite building.

She looked outside her window amazed by the azure blue color of the ocean and the light brown appearance of the shores.

She had been to the Philippines lots of time but everytime she had been to the country, it was only to accompany her dad to one of those boring business conferences that lasted till midnight.

It was insane to even think that there were mountains covered with so much foliage on a remote island such as this. It was like looking at the Disney character Moana's home come to life.

Forget Mars! This place was real and very heavenly.

Once the swooshing from the plane, receded she got out of the plane surprised to find two guys already outside the plane waiting for her to escort her in.

"Mabuhay",she greeted.

She had heard her dad say 'mabuhay' tons of times when there were here so it seemed appropriate to do so at the fine courteous gentlemen.

"Ms Jessica Davis, welcome to Baracay. We deeply hope that everything will be to your satisfaction",one of the two guys said and Jessica grinned telling him not to call him Ms, that Jessica was just fine.

From the top floor of the building, the two men escorted her to her room which was two storeys down. She got into the elevator begrudgingly but truth be told she never did like elevators, she preferred the stairs.

"Right this way, Ma'am"

They ushered opening the door for her.

She wasn't prepared at all for the sight before her. Infront of her lay the biggest and most luxurious room she had ever seen. She walked inside, the men bringing in her luggage behind her.

The walls were decked in 24-karat gold leaf, the bed's covers matching the color of the room. There was also a large walk in closet and she felt modest wondering if all the clothes in her suitcases would occupy that much space.

The bathroom came with Bulgari toiletries and a HD tv to keep one entertained if he or she wanted to spend an entire hour in the tub. Just outside the balcony, her eyes rested on the large hill overlooking the white sand beach with a calm lagoon, and how the little buildings just below blended in seamlessly with the surrounding jungle.