17| you punch harder than my grandma

JESSICA DAVIS

JESSICA DAVIS

You should break up with him already.

I can't. We are at the Maldives, Jess. He has a surprise for me.

You'll have to do it soon, Tessa. He isn't going to take it lightly once he finds out you are cheating.

That's what you are here for.

I can't keep covering for you everytime he asks me where you are, Tessa.

I'll break things off...just not now

When? Tessa? Tess?

He proposed, Jess. We are getting married

What?

I can't break things off now not while he is so sure he wants to spend the rest of his life with me.

Are you sure this is what you want?

I'm happy that's all that counts. I love him

What about the other guy?

What about him?

Tessa  you can't keep seeing him after this. You are engaged, things are far more complicated.

And I won't. There's nothing going on between me and him.

For your sake and your fiance's sake, I hope so.

Tessa? Guess who showed up at my shoot unannounced? Where the fuck are you? I had to lie, even though it felt good lying to his face, I had to lie for you.

Tess, I've left voicemails on your phone. Pick up the phone, damn it!

Is this about the other guy? Tessa, your fiance has been looking for you!

For your sake, I hope you are in NewYork, because that's the best I could come up with.

She reread the last messages between her and Tessa, tears welling up in her eyes at the thought that Seth must have read them all long before they even made love.

Made love? They had 'fucked', that's what he had termed it. She had imagined everything that happened yester night in her mind. His caresses, his tender kisses on her neck, him worshipping her body. She imagined it all.

To think, while they had sex all night, she thought she was special and that had stirred the buried feelings she had for him to resurface. She was still sore, something that Seth had ensured last night.