13| he was in love with you

JESSICA DAVIS

"I don't know maybe I'm too scared to start something with him. I-I once thought that fairy tales exist. You know boy meets girl, boy and girl fall head over heels for each other and live happily ever after", she said watching the blue clear waters ahead of them.

"Fairy tales don't exist in the modern world, Jessica", Seth cautioned and she rolled her eyes.

"What your parents have was nothing short of a fairytale",she cooed wiggling her toes.

"Whoa. I wouldn't term what they have as a fairytale, Jessica. What I call their relationship however, is a mistake",Seth spoke with so much raw emotion that caught her by surprise.

"You don't mean that",she scolded.

He couldn't mean that. Everyone in LA admired what his parents had, surely he too admired that too. Right?

"Right, forget I said anything",he spoke shifting his gaze from her to outside the boat they were in.

He was trying to avoid the subject, a subject that seemed to have been bothering him for quite some time. Seth Sandoval was an open book at times and as she sat there watching him get distracted by the miles and miles of blue water ahead she wondered if maybe...just maybe, she had failed to see the vulnerable side of him.

But hadn't she seen the vulnerable side of him years ago? Hadn't he tricked her into helping him to get over his mother's supposed death and then threw her like some piece of trash?

No. They had settled their differences. She was tired of trying to hate him and soon enough, she had to tell him the truth. He deserved to know the truth.

"I'm bored, we are in the middle of the sea with nothing entertaining whatsoever. Listening to your sappy emotions will surely entertain me--so out with it", she stood up, her bare feet touching the cold floor board of the boat they were in.

She walked to where Seth was.

"I'm not sappy",he thrashed and she chuckled leaning against the boat to observe him.

Ofcourse no man liked to be called sappy. They all had this mentality that a man wasn't supposed to be vulnerable or weak and that opening up only made them less manly. Typical masculinity.

"Well you seem like you have a lot to say about your parents",she poked his back until he had no choice but to face her.

She was not prepared for his grey warm eyes to peer into hers. Then again, she hadn't been prepared for anything come the past week. They were friends, they recently got a new house at the village, Manny asked her out to which she said no and finally they were going to town!

Seth had offered to help her make a call back home once they got to town but truth be told, she didn't want to get in touch with her family. And more so with her dad or her twin.

"I don't", Seth huffed not willing to budge.

"Then I guess I'll have to nag you till you talk",she retaliated and he chuckled in amusement.

God that chuckle sent chills down her spine. It was wrong. Wrong to want to stare at his eyes forever, wrong to want to sleep with him on the same bed forever and even wrong to involve herself with his matters.

He loved Tessa.

With all of his heart.

Her mind stepped in reminding her of that.

"She's pregnant",Seth suddenly dropped a bombshell catching her off guard.

"Tessa?" She quickly asked feeling a piece of her heart crumble.