36| so small like a Smurf

***Two months later

***Two months later

SETH

"Shouldn't I be in there with her?" His father asked and Seth chuckled under his breath.

He had never seen his father that nervous since...since... actually never. He was always the tough nut in the family and now seeing him act like a giddy leprechaun was a show worth sticking around for.

"They are performing surgery on her. There's no way they are letting you in. How about you sit down, take a breather and wait", his uncle Kevin sensitized before his aunt Elizabeth spoke up with indignation,

"You hardly took a breather when I was giving birth. You fainted on me"

And everyone laughed.

"Hey, I fainted because of the big ass syringe the doctor was wavering around", he defended himself.

"There was no syringe"

"You didn't see it because you were high on some drugs they put you on", his uncle Kevin continued but everyone knew the story.

There was no syringe. Kevin fainted after having one gaze at Elizabeth while she gave birth. The doctors didn't let him in the maternity ward the next time his aunt Elizabeth gave birth. They didn't want a fainting husband spooking the patient again.

"You'll never admit you fainted will you?"

Their bickering continued.

"Hey I might have fainted but atleast I wasn't the guy carrying a Glock 19 when my wife was giving birth. Who the heck carries a gun to a hospital?"

And his Uncle Lucas sneered answering back,

"If my wife and baby died in their arms, I would shoot them all"

And everyone laughed recalling the famous story of  'Lucas carrying a gun to the hospital while Kimberly was in labor'.

"Aww I love you, hon", his aunt Kimberly kissed him and pretty soon all everyone could hear while they waited for the doors to burst open was Kimberly and Lucas flirting shamelessly without a doubt thinking about making baby number three.

"You've got yourself one crazy Marine, Kim", Uncle Kevin teased.

Then again, Kimberly Cervantes wasn't far from crazy either so it was safe to say that Kimberly and Lucas were made for each other.

"Are they always like this if you don't mind me asking?"

"Yes but the jokes are harmless", he assured the woman who'd driven him all the way to the hospital when his father called.

Adviel Dupont, a business associate  in charge of the interior designs for his hotel rooms in Cervantes' chain of hotels. They had worked together for a month and a couple of weeks , became friends along the way and not only was she standing beside him waiting for news about Mikaella but also witnessing his family's shenanigans and insanity.