Highschool| I won Jessie's heart

SETH

SETH

A week ago he had been upset about Tessa kissing some other guy during a Romeo and Juliet play. At the moment, there were far bigger demons tormenting him than jealousy.

'What can you tell us about your mother?'

'Did you know she was alive?'

'Is your father filing charges against Marcus Pierce?'

'Is it true that it is your uncle who found her? How sure can we be that he's the not the one who kidnapped her? He has been acquitted for such related acts before--'

By the time he got to the car, their driver, James had to fight off a bunch of paparazzi, threatening to break their cameras if they came close to Seth.

"Your father ordered me to take you home, Sir",James said and Seth huffed in the rear seat glaring outside the window. Seeing his mother alive and so...so different had scared the life out of him. It was like seeing a literal dead person alive!

His mother, Mikaella was alive and he was angry. Angry that she couldn't remain dead. Angry that after he had overcame the grief, his mother had returned to bring all the pain buried feelings back.

"I'm not going home. It's a school day, is it not?" Seth asked.

"It would be unwise to go to school today, Sir. The paparazzi, they'll probably follow you",James reasoned.

He did give a valid statement but being at school was better than being at home. The home that had now been invaded by everyone. Everyone including his mother and his supposed little sister. It all sounded like a soap opera really. How was it even possible that his mother was alive? How was it possible that guys like Marcus Pierce existed. Guys who kidnapped women and took them away from their families without as much as an ounce of remorse.

It had all been his family's fault. It was Uncle Kevin's fault that Marcus Pierce was in their lives. It was his father's fault too for covering up a murder. God, it hurt. He was hurting, thinking about how messed up his family was.

He was still hurting thinking about all the trauma he had to go through.

"Sir, if you need anything I'm one call away. Look I know--everything is tough now but trust me it will get better. It will get better with time"

With that needed hype from James, Seth stepped out of the car looking at the huge doors that led to the halls of Westshire High. He held onto the straps of his backpack taking a huge gulp of air. By the time he neared his locker, the tons of looks he got from the students in Westshire High were enough for him to wish that he had gone home instead.

"Oh honey, I'm so sorry about what happened",Tessa approached him from behind hugging him. Ofcourse everyone had gotten the memo that 'Dead Mikaella Sandoval Cervantes was alive and with an eight year old girl too'. And how could they not? When not only the internet but the television broadcasted the news.