45| I heard you

SETH

SETH

When his eyes opened, all he could replay was the bullet hitting his chest, his life flashing in front of his very eyes.

He had tasted death. He had tasted how it felt like being nowhere and being still around the darkness. Being trapped inside a bottomless pit with no one there to pull you out.

And for a moment, he had given up. He had embraced the darkness and his fate until he heard her.

Her voice frail, her voice weak, her voice needy. It came like a whisper and he jolted trying to follow it from the darkness.

'Please wake up'

'Please wake up'

She whispered with much solemn in her voice that he knew he couldn't give up.

She was waiting for him on the other side. Their child was waiting for him on the other side and for once in his life, he was not going to run away from them.

He'd made himself a promise after Viv. That he would be there for his kids. His kids would never have an absentee father and he intended to keep that promise.

So bravely, he had followed that voice out of the bottomless pit he was in. Bravely he had walked to the end of the tunnel seeing the sun shine on luscious mazes of green.

'Seth'

'Seth'

It continued and he ran after her through the maze of corn. He ran after her till he could see her ginger hair being flown by the wind on her back.

Finally catching up to her, he held onto her hand turning her around. Her cheeks red, her green eyes losing their color, her tears gleaning against the soft rays, she stared at him.

"Jessica? What's wrong? Where-where are we?" He'd asked and instead she took his hand placing it on the tummy that was covered by a vaginal white dress.

'We need you'

"I'm here. Hey, I'm here", he'd insisted using his thumb to brush away the tears adorning her face.

'Please wake up. Please'

And then she'd disappeared and he'd done everything possible to get back to her.

He woke up just for them. Her and their kid.

"Vitals look fine. Normal blood pressure, no strain in the lungs. Doctor, he seems--fine!"
The nurse leaning over him said and he turned his gaze around the room looking for her.

She was there. He could smell her lavender perfume linger in the room. She was just there.

"Redhea--", he struggled to ask but the nurse battered her lashes at him assuring him that everything was fine.

The doctor kept on touching his arms and opening his eyelids and he got sick of it. As sarcastic as that sounded.

"Mr Cervantes, welcome back"