Epilogue

SETH

"Dad! Dad", Ryder's hand landed on his chest and he pretended to be asleep.

A second later, his body crawled on top of him. Wrapping his hands around his cheeks, he whispered,

"Dad? You asleep?"

And how could he be asleep when Ryder's cold as fuck hands were on his cheek.

"I'm up now", he groaned sarcastically waking up.

Ryder's flour covered face nearly gave him a heart attack.

"Clay pranked me again, dad"

That didn't sound like Clay. It sounded like something Ryder would do.

"You sure?"

"Mmh-hmm. He tied a bag of flour to my bedroom door and when I went to open the door, flour smacked my face and poof!" He made an explosive sound, his tiny fist trying to show how a bomb exploded in mid air.

"Did you tell mom about it?"

Jessica would give them an earful that much he knew.

"She said she has no time for my sheganinans and that me and Clay owe her a bag of flour, the five eggs we broke last week, the flower vases we broke yesterday and half of grandpa's cake we ate in the morning"

He could already see Jessica pulling her hair out with frustration chasing them around after they pulled one shenanigan after the other.

"You ate grandpa's cake? Ry, you know she's been working on that cake since last week. Grandpa's birthday is today"

"I know. I know but Clay--"

"No more giving your mom a hard time, okay?"

"But Clay--"

"Ryder Marshall Cervantes"

"Fine"

"You have a dance routine for grandpa with Cayon right? Why don't you work on that. No pranks"

"Cross my heart and hope to die"

He hoped off the bed giving Seth a toothless smile before he ran out leaving a trail of flour on the floor.

Ryder would definitely pull up another prank and he chuckled knowing that Jessica would scold the kid till the next day. He definitely didn't know who Ryder took after.

He had Seth's jet black hair, his eyes blue with a hint of green but when it came to his traits. He was wild than Jessica. Jessica said he always acted like Mars and that naming their kid after Mars was a wrong idea.

As for Clay, he had thick chocolate brown hair, his eyes a shade of gray, his traits subtle like Seth. Clay was more him than Ryder but their differences was what made him love them even more.

If they'd turned out to be identical twins, God knew there would be more trouble in the house than there was now.

He pushed away the covers, wiping the flour on his cheeks. With a satisfied grunt, his eyes glanced outside the window loving the view of the sun struggling to light up the city which was a mile away.

He strode downstairs, picking one of Clay's G.I Joe action figure from the floor and placing it on a nearby counter. The smell of coffee and something baking hit his nostrils as he made his way to the open-plan kitchen.

With her back to him, Jessica stood by the corner reading a huge recipe book from Gordon Ramsay. Her long ginger hair loose, in tight shorts and a little tank top, she took his breath away.