Highschool|a guy you met just yesterday

JESSICA DAVIS

JESSICA DAVIS

When you were plus sized, that was what everyone cared about. Being plus sized meant girls avoiding you simply because they thought you had an eating disorder that was somehow contagious, being plus sized meant guys taking one look at you and deeming you as an ugly duckling, being plus sized meant that you were the odd one out, be it a classy party, a highschool party,a birthday party practically everywhere people gathered.

And when you were plus sized, the last thing you would be caught doing was dancing at a frat freshman party. Seth Sandoval Cervantes, the brooding badboy of Westshire High had asked her to dance with him.

It wasn't that big of a deal but even as she slept on her queen sized bed wriggling her sore toes, tonight had just been one of her best nights. Well it was a little embarrassing seeing as to how she and Seth didn't know anything about dancing to a funky tune but hey? Her first dance, that too with another male who wasn't Jabari Rashford or her brother or her father.

"What was that all about, Red?" Her brother on a good old Tuesday morning had bombarded her with an ambiguous question.

She felt like slapping him for what he had done yester night but being the rational twin, she let it roll down her back. Perhaps it was too early to argue with Mars infront of their parents.

She cut a piece of the croissant throwing it in her mouth. Mars was still looking at her but she ignored it.

"Hey? I'm talking to you",he whispered harshly and Jessica let out an exasperated breath staring at him.

"What do you want, Mars? It's too early to start a fight, don't you think?"

And her brother being the dramatic one in the entire Davis' mansion, slammed his fork against his plate facing her with a scowl.

"What's going on between you and that--that douchebag?"

"Marshall Lewis Davis, language!" Their mother thrashed looking at both of them as if they had just uttered the name 'Satan' in her christian home.

Their father, Paul Davis, who was seated at the head chair of the large dining table did not even once tear his gaze away from the LA newspaper. Jessica wouldn't blame him though, it was the same thing every morning, an argument with Mars, her mom getting a headache out of their bickering and then at the end of the day one of them would get grounded.

"Mom, believe me when I tell you that the guy is a real douchebag",Mars said sourly.

"Why don't you take a good look in the mirror?" Jessica retaliated and Mars fumed.

"What did you say?"

"You heard me, Marshall Lewis. I know what you did", Jessica scoffed and their mother smiled awkwardly trying to start a new conversation that wouldn't lead to the occasional bickering.