4| she'll starve

SETH

"Jessica, I am the boss. Am the owner of this hotel",he said standing tall and proud as he waited for her reaction.

Even as Jessica glanced at him confused, like any man in his situation, his eyes greedily ran up and down her body. It was a chuckling moment really, to think that the Jessica Davis had dressed to impress him.

The emerald green backless dress accentuated all her right curves, more so it matched her green eyes. Eyes that Seth had come to realize were green because of how close they were standing together.

He tried acting civil, tried not to offend her in anyway lest the woman actually decided to attack him. He was willing to swallow his ego and make amends with Jessica. Anything to get Tessa back. Anything.

"No you are not!" She screeched, her fingernails digging into her purse,"the owner...this hotel is owned by a multimillion company...Santes...they said-"

"I'm actually surprised for a woman who claims to be clever, you didn't figure it out. Santes does not exist, my secretary made the name up",he gushed before adding, "Sandoval Cervantes? Santes"

It was like explaining everything to a toddler really. Jessica didn't seem to understand what he meant until few minutes later, when everything clicked in her mind and she exclaimed an 'ooh' giving him the stink eye.

"You-you stinking bas-"

"Whoa, whoa before you skip to the name calling, I just wanted us to talk",he gestured wondering why it was so hard to talk when her eyes threw actual daggers in his direction,"I did this so we could talk"

He watched as Jessica licked her bottom red lip amusedly before staring at him,

"Well you have a real funny way of making people talk to you, Sandoval Cervantes"

"Come on Jessica, we both know had I invited you to dinner you would have declined"

Frankly as he thought about it, Jessica Davis would rather have dinner with a hobo than with him and somehow deep down the feeling was mutual for him.

Jessica Davis was no easy woman, he himself would guarantee it. One moment she was like the prettiest angel you would come across and the next she was close to being a female version of Hitler.

Take for example highschool, he was nice to her and for a moment in time Jessica Davis was his friend. Things went down in sophomore year, when fat Jessica Davis started hating him and trash talking about him.

Junior year, she didn't as much as want to look at Seth let alone inhale the same air he did and senior year, Jessica Davis disappeared only to reappear two years later with a few shed pounds and a body that would outmatch that of Jessica Alba.

"With good reasons ofcourse",she retorted pulling Seth out of his reverie and just this once, he wanted to know why the woman standing infront of him loathed him so much.

"What reasons? What could I have possibly done to the great Jessica Davis to make her hate me as much?" He asked, hands in his pockets as his eyes dared her to say what she has been holding back for all these years.

Her eyes stirred in disbelief, her forehead creased with small lines, she even lolled her head back as if Seth was asking a question he knew the answer to.

"That",she pointed, her voice cracking and for a moment the smirk that Seth had on his face faded,"you are so full of yourself to notice your mistakes. You are so arrogant and obnoxious. Right, what could Seth Sandoval Cervantes do wrong. He's loved by all, am I right? He freaking owns the world, doesn't he? This right here is why I hate you Seth Sandoval Cervantes"

And once she was done, tears at the brink of her eyes. She gathered her long green dress in her hands turning around to walk to the exit.

Like a confused cow in the slaughter house about to be slaughtered, he reached for her. His hand grabbed her forearm, an action he regretted the very instant something ignited in him. It was a...a sense of familiarity- something that he couldn't quite place--like he had touched her skin before and enjoyed it's warmth.

"Let go!" She warned her eyes on his hand and he instantly jerked it away.

"I just want us to talk",he repeated but Jessica wasn't ready to give him the time of the day.

"We have nothing to talk about",she said between gritted teeth before she took a few steps away from him nearing the doorway.

He had had it with her. It was better to say everything he left out loud rather than keep it to himself. After all hadn't he condemned himself with Jessica Davis on the island for a month so that he could fix things between them?

"What about the fact that you are jealous?" He shouted loud enough for Jessica to stop in her heels and turn around to look at him.

He paced across the table where their dinner was getting cold taking a glass of scotch in his hands.

"Excuse me?"

"I thought we are voicing out our thoughts, it's time I shared mine. You are a jealous, spoilt brat, Jessica Davis. You talk about how arrogant I am? How obnoxious I am? Have you looked in the mirror lately?

You are the woman who'd rather spend her daddy's money on shopping for clothes and petty photo shoots. The woman who would rather sabotage her best friend's relationship than deal with the fact that she herself cannot be in a serious relationship!" He spat, gulping the burning scotch down his throat.

He couldn't tell whether it was the third or the fourth glass but he sure felt nice having had said that out loud.

"You don't know me. You've never known me. Goodbye, Sandoval Cervantes!"

"It's not that easy sweetheart",he chuckled cynically,"you are here to stay"

"Well watch me leave",she gyrated walking out of the bar in a fit.

Briefly after the sound of Jessica's sharp heels clicking against the floor receded, he sat down looking at his lobster a little awkwardly.

"You had to die for nothing",he murmured pouring himself another glass.

With just a clap of his hands, the meek manager of his hotel came running through the door and standing infront of him.

"You called, Sir?"

"I need you to make sure she doesn't leave this hotel or the island",Seth mumbled swirling the drink in his glass.

"Come again, Sir?" The manager asked confused as to what his boss was ordering him to do.

"Yeah you are right, she'll put on a fight. I have an even better idea. Lock her in her room. No one gets in and no one gets out. She'll have to adapt to the situation", Seth ordered.

"Sir...I don't think that's a good idea. You are drunk perhaps it would be better to think things through tomorrow? When you are sober?"

"Believe me, am more sober than I've ever been in my life. She'll have to talk to me if she wants to leave her room"

"She'll starve, Sir"

"Another good idea, Mark. Make sure she doesn't have access to room service. Let's see how many days of hunger she'll have to endure to lower her ego and talk to me",he roared and the said manager by the name of Mark regretted opening his mouth in the first place.

It was useless at this point to talk to the boss, Mark thought. Anything he would say, Seth would downright use it to make Ms Jessica Davis' stay uneventful.

"It's a lovely night, is it not? And to think, it's just the beginning"