29| down and dirty together

SETH

SETH

"This is the reason why I don't let you guys handle my shit", he exclaimed rubbing a hand over his face once he stepped in the elevator.

'It was a slip of the tongue, it happens'

Well his uncle's slip of the tongue was starting to cost his relationship before it even began.

'She's not picking my calls and I'm sure as hell the damn paparazzis are hunting her as we speak'

'My bad but my advice? Take her some place far away and lay low till this mess is over'

It wasn't a bad idea but then again it wasn't a good idea too. His clients needed explanations, his business was at the verge of falling over a cliff and he was not ready to see all his hardwork crumble to shambles.

'I can't leave town not with everything going on but thanks Uncle'

'Can't take credit for everything, your Uncle Lucas did all the heavy lifting'

'You can thank him for me. And Uncle Kev?'

'Yeah'

'This is the reason why I've never introduced Jessica to you. You talk too much', he chuckled ending the call.

For a brief moment while he stood in the elevator legs apart and hands behind his back like a Marine, he imagined himself in a getaway cabin. Away from LA. Away from all the crap and the gossips.

He imagined himself somewhere remote, somewhere cozy...with Jessica. Maybe his uncle's idea wasn't that bad at all but for it too work, a certain woman who was obviously mad at him would have to comply to elope with him to the said getaway cabin.

Or he could make things easy and kidnap her?

Kidnapping her was easier but the more he thought about it, arguing about it was way more fun.

The elevator doors parted and he stepped out feeling a surge of relief course through his body. Home sweet home.

He wanted nothing more than to wash away all the rust and sweat off his body. He smelled like jizz, sweat, piss... everything grossly unimaginable. His ears still hurt after his cellmate had continuously sang the song 'Sweet Alabama'  like a broken record.

Before he even punched the passcode right outside the door, his phone buzzed in his pants and he searched for it with hope that it might be Jessica.

"Heard you were out? That's great, man"

Lance.

"I'm guessing you are not home so what mess should I expect in my penthouse on a scale of one to ten?"

"Mess? Naah. Think of it as a sexy birthday present waitin' for you"

And he hung up before Seth sighed punching the passcode. Something clicked and he took it a sign to open the door.