24| have you right here, right now

SETH

SETH

"She hates crust on her bread, her forehead creases every time things don't go her way and when she's mad at me?" he laughed," she bites her bottom lip nearly making it bleed. But the one thing that hurts is seeing her with that gringo, Jack O'Connell. One call from him and she smiles as if he is her universe"

"What if he is? You can't blame her for moving on", his aunt Kimberly said patting his back.

"I know but I'm not ready to let her move on. Not just yet. I'd rather hear how much she regrets loving me than have her forget about me"

After all this time, his eyes were open. Open to the fact that it was Jessica all along and not Tessa in his heart. With Tessa, it wasn't like this. With Tessa it was like a regular day job, waking up, seeing her, going on dates, and later having sex with her throughout the night and so forth.

But with Jessica?

So many things were happening there. He was crazed. He was obsessed with her. Obsessed with her scent which had lingered in his nostrils from the very instant they locked lips in the Philippines.

One glance at her and adrenaline rushed into his body accelerating his attraction for her. Seeing her laughing at another man's jokes, wounded him more than he thought possible. It was like a painful punch to the gut or having his heart ripped out of its ribcage.

"Oh God, Roman was right. You, my dear boy, are in love and by the looks of it, you have the lovesick virus", his aunt chuckled and his eyes lingered far away from the rich green foliage to the sunset.

A rather beautiful sunset adorned with rich colors of orange and yellow. And at that moment, Jessica's face came to mind and he smiled goofily.

So this was love?

So this was what his uncles meant by complicated?

Having your loved one so close and yet so far. Having your loved one in the same room every day but being unable to say something right to her. Loving the one who hated you the most?

"You know that's not a thing right? At this point I feel like you all make stuff about love just to make me feel jealous", Seth huffed turning around to look at the dinner table up ahead.

Lovesick virus? He did not want to ask what that meant.

"Ooh it's a thing, I felt the same way you are feeling when I found out your Uncle Lucas was about to marry another woman. I was lovesick", his aunt cooed staring at her husband who was by the fence tending to the barbeque.

"And what did you do about it?"

"I told him I loved him but the fool still rejected me. Said it was too late"

"Then what?" He asked even though he had heard the great love story of Lucas and Kimberly over and over again but not this part.

Their love story seemed so easy.