Highschool| D--don't do this

JESSICA DAVIS

Left my shoulder pad in my locker. Care to bring it for me?
                                  Bari, I'm not going to a stinking locker room to get you some stupid shoulder pad

Please. I'm too busy at training. If the coach notices I don't have a shoulder pad, he'll kill me
                             Why can't you get it yourself or tell one of your friends to get it?

We are all at practice, Lee. Pretty please do it for me? Please?

                             You owe me one, Bari

She tucked her phone inside her backpack closing her locker and heading towards the boys' locker room. For Bari's sake, she wished that the locker room was empty because the last thing she wanted to do was run into any jocks or more particularly the famous jock of Westshire High, Seth Cervantes.

"Oh shit! Does Mars know you boned his sister?"

The words met her before she could even step foot inside the locker room. Jabari was wrong since clearly, the boys were not at practice. She should have turned around and walked away but how could she when she was the main topic of discussion?

She leaned against the wall hearing the rest of the guys laugh wickedly.

"I would never in my life fuck Jessica Davis, she's the one obsessed with me, sticking to me like used gum on the sole of my shoe. Come on guys, do I look like the type that would settle for the chunky ones? You know me better than that--"

She heard him loud and clear. It was his voice. The voice that had told her she was special and unlike any other girl in Westshire High and now? He was no different and maybe worse.

Chunky ones?

Chunky?

Was that what she was to him after everything? She covered her mouth sniffling a sob as the guys in that damned locker room laughed. She could feel her throat constrict struggling to bottle down the painful emotions in her body.

Jessica felt hurt. What he had just said had been more hurting than his silence or the hateful looks he had given her all year. She was body conscious. She felt like escaping from her own body and getting a new skin. And getting a body that guys would drool for.

She hadn't known how long she had been there until Mars and Jabari approached her.

"Red? What's wrong?" Mars asked but Jessica didn't have it in her to utter a single word.

"Good because the last thing I want on this fine day is to be reminded that fat Jessie still exists", Seth's voice echoed again and this time Mars and Jabari heard him.

Fat Jessie!

Fat Jessie!

Fat Jessie!

Fat Jessie!

The guys chanted and in the middle of all that, Jessica heard Seth. His laughter malicious, his voice harsh and cruel. He wasn't the Seth she loved anymore. The Seth she loved would never say such things let alone allow other guys to disrespect her so.

She couldn't take it and like a scorned woman, she ran and ran leaving Mars and Jabari behind. The pitiful thing about it was that up until then, she loved him. Even though he was an asshole, even though he was now dating Tessa Urquillo and so full of himself, deep down Jessica loved him.

She was naive and stupid for having fallen for him but what was more naive, was that in the middle of all that, she had hopes that the Seth Cervantes she knew was alive somewhere deep inside of him.