46| warriors from Vikings Valhalla

JESSICA DAVIS

JESSICA DAVIS

Pregnancy seemed fun, doing TikTok dances and all but the real shit began when it was time for the rascals to come out of you.

"Hurry!" She shouted grabbing Mikaella's hand and squeezing as tight as she could.

The pain ate her from the inside making it hard to breath, to stay still and to keep her mouth shut. She wanted to shout to the top of the lungs.

"If I drive this car faster than I am now we might get a speeding ticket", Seth said and she glared at him through the rear view mirror wondering what was more important to him.

Being scared of the police or getting them to the hospital.

"Breathe okay? Jessica breathe"

"Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale"

She inhaled.

She exhaled.

It was still not working! Her body threatened to rip. The lives inside her tried to rip her from the inside out.

"I know. How about we play a car game yeah?" Seth mumbled, eyes on the road his hands slightly shaking against the steering wheel.

What would a stupid car game do!

"What if we call them Erikson and Reiko?"

Her anger flared.

"For the tenth time, we are not naming them after some warriors from Vikings Valhalla!"

They had gone over the names for weeks now and everytime Seth always brought up a name that made her gag. She wanted beautiful normal names for her boys. Not Erikson or Reiko or Fudhl or whatever names Seth came up with.

"Byorn? Come on, that has a nice ring to it?"

"We are not having this conversation here, Seth!"

"Fair enough. How we doing?"

"How are we doing? I feel like my back is about to rip and you driving slowly isn't fucking helping!"

Mikaella chuckled rubbing Jessica's back slightly and as for Seth he drove on silently and she rather enjoyed the silence.

xXxXxXxXxXxX

"You are doing fine, Jessica", Nurse Hilda urged pushing the wheelchair down the hall that led to the maternity ward.

"Where's Seth? I need Seth with me", she glanced past her shoulder and sure enough her nervous boyfriend was right behind her clad in a sea blue protective gown.

"It'll be okay. Everything's going to be okay", the nurse told her and she gulped a chunk of saliva praying it would be.

The last time she had been brought to the hospital, on a wheel chair like this she had woken up only to find that her baby didn't make it.