27| hallelujah to me

JACE

Just like every man in town, Jace idolized Seth Cervantes. And the term idolized wasn't in the least bit connected to looking up to Seth or something. Nay, he considered idolizing as a rivalry.

Every guy in LA wanted to outmatch Seth Cervantes because he, had made it big in terms of everything. His family's company, his businesses, his education, and when it came to women, the dude had hit it big.

His ex-fiance Tessa Urquillo was a bombshell. An eye candy that every guy dreamt of having. Not only was she the daughter of the business tycoon, Bono Urquillo but also a woman with brains. Let's just say that women with brains were a rare quality in LA.

And when rumor got out that Seth Cervantes was screwing with Jessica Davis, every man, he included, wanted to have a taste.

Seth Cervantes went for the best and without a doubt, Jessica Davis must have been better than Tessa Urquillo. Opportunistically talking, no man with the right head would cheat on Tessa Urquillo not unless the woman was hotter than the former.

Which brought him to the present. He had been the lucky man to win Jessica Davis and by now every man wanted what he had and that gave him pride. Just for once, he had what Seth Cervantes craved the most and that was his girlfriend's soon-to-be fiance.

And where to begin about Jessica Davis?

She was a goddess, that's what she was. Beautifully crafted by the Almighty himself to lure men into her clutches.

He would have never thought that she was related to his college friend, Mars because, in all honesty, Mars was a dick. And she, innocent Jessica was nothing but an angel.

It took a lot of convincing to get her in his bed but when he did, he knew right there and then that he had fallen in love. He knew right there and then that everything that had been said about Seth Cervantes was true.

The bastard truly went for the best because Jessica Davis was the fucking best.

Nestled by a cafe across the street that Jessica liked, his eyes rested on his Rolex watch watching the second-hand move inch by inch.

She was running late but that didn't matter because, for her, he would wait an eternity.

His eyes roamed over the side of the road giving the cameraman who had been hiding behind a bush a thumbs up. With shaking hands, he reached for the black velvet box with a little satin bow on it.

It wasn't too soon. At least according to him.

They had moved in together.

They talked about everything and anything.

They were right for each other.

The only thing left to do was to put thy ring on it as Beyonce vocally sang.

Aah...he had already seen it now, Jessica Davis is engaged to upcoming artist Jace Bernardo. He'd already guessed the look on the faces of the bachelors in LA.

And most of all he'd already inscribed an image of Seth being jealous in his head.

His life was looking up, truly. Pretty soon he would have someone to call a wife even if it did involve trying too hard to be a gentleman so that Jessica would love him even more.

By the time the hour hand struck noon, the sun shone even brighter scorching everyone who'd preferred to have tea outside Cookie's cafe.

He was on the verge of going inside the cafe instead of seating outside when he saw her. As graceful as ever. As smoking hot as ever dressed in mere thigh-high shorts and a big old t-shirt that looked like she'd borrowed it from a ranch owner.